Full Stack Engineer
19 days ago
About the jobAs a Full Stack Engineer at Follow Up Boss, you'll build fully-fledged platforms using a range of different technologies. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. You'll write clean and functional code on the front- and back-end. You'll collaborate closely with our engineering team to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. You'll write reusable and maintainable code that is secure and scales well. You'll help ensure code quality with automated and functional testing along with peer review. Ultimately, your work will have direct impact on the stability and user experience of our products.Why would you want to work here?We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011. We're a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers and we don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it. We're fully remote and have been since day 1. Here's a few more reason's we think you'll love working here - and be sure to check out our video on how we work:
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $130K - $146K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed over billions of emails; per month we send nearly 3 million text messages and handle 700k+ minutes of call time for tens of thousands of active customers.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- 2-5 years of experience in web development.
- Proficiency in back end technologies, we use PHP, Aurora MySQL, Postgres, Redis, to name a few.
- Understanding of RDBMS and SQL.
- Proficient understanding of Linux.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Security conscious.
- Pragmatic decision making.
- Develop and improve our application.
- Help fix issues with the application.
- Learn and grow as an engineer to bring value to the team and our customers.
- Become familiar with our product and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
- Implement improvements for new and existing third party integrations.
- Implement new product features and improvements that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve how our product supports customers with larger teams.
- Implement improvements to the security of our app and customer's data.
- Assist in architecture improvements of critical product features
- Assist in performance improvements to our API.
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
© 2019-2022 JobsInJS.com. All Rights Reserved.