15 days ago
- Contribute to projects throughout their lifecycles - from planning and discovery through implementation to delivery to partners
- Work directly with designers and cloud engineers to ensure products are user-friendly and well-integrated
- Write documentation and tests with a focus on enabling others to maintain the project after handoff
- Work with stakeholders to understand the needs of end users
- Solve real problems for organizations that address big global challenges
- Learn and grow with a team that is committed to your success
- Work in the open. We support open source, open data, and open science and take pride in the impact we make. We encourage you to talk about your work through blogging, presentations at conferences, seminars, and workshops as part of the Development Seed team
- 2+ years professional experience building front-end applications
- Experience writing tests using frameworks like Jest and Cypress.io
- Understanding of REST APIs design and best practices
- Experience with Git, GitHub and project management tools
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to solve new challenges
- Experience working with distributed teams is a plus
- Collaborate — Working as a team makes us stronger than any individual developer. You write clear Github tickets and communicate effectively on Slack and in-person.
- Learn — We constantly evolve our technology stack and techniques to deliver the best work to our partners. You don’t need to know any particular language or framework upfront but you need to demonstrate you’re able and excited to learn new ways to build.
- Code — You write code focusing on both performance and maintainability. You write detailed documentation before and after writing code.
- Respect — We are a diverse team spread across the globe. You value other’s perspective, voice, and ideas. You treat everyone with dignity and professionalism.
- Care about the world and believe that we can do better — Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
© 2019-2022 JobsInJS.com. All Rights Reserved.