Full Stack React Web Developers
2 months ago
The CompanySilverorange is a design and development agency based in Canada. When pursuing work, we focus on interesting and meaningful projects. Over our 22 years as a company, we've worked with well-known technology organizations like Duolingo and Mozilla, not-for-profit organizations working in areas including arts funding and affordable internet access for low-income families, and with world-renowned doctors training other doctors through online education.We’re proud of the fantastic products we've built in partnership with our clients and we’re actively invested in the processes behind these products. Within the next 6 months, we expect our team to grow from 29 to 35 people in order to meet the needs for new and existing projects. Our growth is careful and considered, though we have no plans for becoming a large organization. We are committed to fostering a team focused as much on quality of life, openness, empathy, and a supportive work environment as it is on building great user-focused systems.The positionsWe’re looking for several React Full Stack Web Developers to join our team. We are open to developers of various experience levels, and ideally you’ll be joining us with at least one prior full-time experience working as a React Developer within a team. We favour applicants with a strong sense of ownership over their own work. Excitement and ability to learn and contribute is more important to us than other metrics like years of experience.You’ll start your silverorange career on an internal team focused on a medical education client, helping us to develop and maintain their products as well as contribute to planning and implementing new features.These positions are available immediately and we will work with you to get you started as soon as possible.Growth & ownershipOur team is co-operative and will help you learn and expand your skills via mentoring, team-wide support, and learning opportunities. All members of the team are encouraged and given space to grow as individual contributors, and have ongoing opportunities in project and team leadership.We’re excited to hear your fresh ideas and approach. We have decades of collective experience, and we all continue to become better at what we do by both teaching and learning from each other. Add your voice to our mix.Opportunity for employee ownership is a fundamental part of silverorange (non-founders currently own more than a third of the company) and we’re currently working on new ways to transfer even more ownership to employees.Inclusion & diversityPeople with different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger, and we’re always looking for ways to improve. Our team is getting more diverse across many dimensions of diversity, but we’re still missing perspectives that could make our work better. We highly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups in our industry to apply—we’d love to hear from you.Responsibilities
- Implementing features and improvements on a mix of React Web and React Native applications.
- Reviewing code and content changes from other developers on the project.
- Working from mockups (this project uses Figma), wireframes, and design systems.
- Communicating with team members and clients to understand and balance requirements.
- Identifying and helping to address accessibility issues in Web and mobile systems.
- Writing tests for your work.
- Be eligible & available to work from Canada
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of React Native and how it differs from React on the Web
- Have experience using React to develop Web applications or React Native to develop Applications on iOS and/or Android.
- Have some experience using version control systems like Git to manage changes.
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers across multiple time zones. Several of our key clients are in California and we have team members in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, as well as Ecuador and the United Kingdom.
- API development in Node/Express
- Working with Firebase
- Flexible work days, approached collaboratively with you to allow for the realities of appointments, family minding, and your everyday life.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, on top of 10 paid days of civic holidays, and 3 weeks of paid company-wide shut down.
- Generous health and dental coverage, with 100% of premium covered by silverorange.
- New computer hardware every 3 years, and other tools as needed.
- Yearly company-wide bonuses based on overall company success, plus ownership opportunities and dividends for long-term employees.
- Salaries based on experience starting at CAD $56-64,000 per year for those earlier in their career and CAD $78-90,000 per year for more senior candidates, with both annual company wide salary band adjustments as well as opportunities and expectation of ongoing career and compensation growth.
- Additional remote worker salary add-on of CAD $3,000 per year and a wellness salary add-on of $500 per year.
© 2019-2022 JobsInJS.com. All Rights Reserved.