Senior Back End Engineer
22 days ago
At bubble, we are striving to solve one of society’s biggest problems, with the potential to make life better for millions of people.
We are a venture-backed tech startup, changing the lives of parents for the better and growing fast. Our on-demand app lets parents discover and book amazing childcare quickly and securely. We have over 200,000 users and more than two million hours of childcare have been requested on our platform. Our investors include the founders of Betfair, Boohoo.com and Photobox.
Since day one we have taken a tech-driven and disruptive approach to solving an enormous problem that’s been crying out for innovation. Our app is underpinned by our own social graph, using big data and 200m+ relationship nodes between our users to connect parents with carers from within their own trusted social circles.
We are in the business of digitising trust and are deeply passionate about building great products to get it done.
We've got a diverse, stellar and growing engineering team that we’re looking to add to. That’s where you come in.
A successful candidate should
- Have 4/5+ years of experience with backend technologies
- Have experience with automated testing
- Have experience working with browser, server, and database technologies
- Be passionate about development and always strive to improve themselves and their work
- Love to craft beautiful software (aesthetic or otherwise) with a keen eye for design
- Be able to communicate well with team members
- Serverless (api gateway / lambda / azure functions)
- Access to awesome tech with a feelgood factor - part of our interview process is to give you a look at what we have created and are working on, we think it’s pretty impressive. But we are also building something truly meaningful that transforms our customers’ lives and we are really proud of it
- Small but mighty - we’re small, tight-knit with lots of passion for the difference we make
- We’re going places - you’ll have a real opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to something big
- Support – our wider team and software consultants will be on hand to make sure you are happy and supported as you settle your new role. We are also hiring a Lead Engineer and a Full Stack Engineer into the team, so you are not alone
- Learn many exciting technologies to solve a variety of problems
- Pitch and work on internal projects
- Work with a range of applications, from mobile apps or websites to serverless back-end solutions
- Solve problems for products in many different verticals, from finance to the music industry
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Great opportunities to grow, personally and professionally
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working if preferred
- Free childcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A shiny MacBook