Who we are
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world. In 2021 Nutmeg became a J.P.Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
Since being founded we've:
- Grown to 180+ employees
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 170,000 investor milestone in 2021 and now manage over £4 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell
We are now looking for a Front-End Engineer to help us build the next generation of our customer onboarding experience. We are making good progress migrating to a React Micro-frontend architecture and most of your time will be spent working with React.
We have an in-house bespoke Design System to help us scale the UI for white labelling as well as maintaining a collection of solid domain driven web libraries. We are utilizing node.js to migrate away from legacy code and enabling our developers to create clear and clean pragmatic solutions. We’ve introduced Kafka, run our systems on AWS, and have built a DevOps team to provide our Engineers with the tools needed to observe their domain. We have built a strong engineering foundation for knowledge sharing with several skill shares, guilds, and open discussions running every month. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs.
- Consuming REST APIs and keen to dig deeper into the stack
- TDD, Integration and end to end with Cypress
- Building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms
- Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team player
- Proactive and willingness to help others
You might also have
- Experience with node.js
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with GraphQL and Express.js
- Delivery experience on cloud platforms and familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Design systems (UI Development)
- Experience with Hooks, XState, SWR
- Commercial experience in the Finance industry
- Contributions to open source projects
- A portfolio of personal projects