The Most Transparent, Collaborative, & Fastest Growing Real Estate Fintech in America. We’re a team of entrepreneurial, tech-loving, creative, and solution-focused innovators. We launched in 2014 out of frustration with the status quo of slow, unreliable capital and gate-keeping into investment deals.
Today, we’re one of the fastest-growing real estate fintech companies in the U.S., and we’re still challenging tradition with fast funding, unparalleled transparency, and kindness to help real estate entrepreneurs make an impact in their neighborhoods and communities.
Over the last 4 years, the FlipperForce team has built a web-based software helping 100,000+ house flippers and real estate investors organize, optimize and scale their house flipping operations.
We are doubling down on our success and scaling our fully remote engineering team to build even more industry-leading features to further modernize the antiquated world of real estate investing.
Our next phase requires high agility, rapid experimentation, and prototyping new features as we build a digital operating system for real estate investors.What You'll Do
Your experience, insight and technical leadership will help guide how the team builds new features for an industry-leading customer-facing SaaS web application used by thousands of real estate investors to manage their real estate investing business.
The front-end is served in Laravel Blade templates and pages contain VueJS components. Vue components receive and submit their data via an HTTP JSON API built with Laravel application. We are moving toward a single-page application.
You’ll work alongside other talented engineers on a fast-growing team in a start-up environment. Your input and impact will directly shape the growing team’s culture.
Your team depends on you, and you depend on your team.
You’ll collaborate with product managers to build brand-new software features and business-critical integrations with internal/external APIs and data warehouses.Tasks During a Typical Day
On Mondays, a 2-hour meeting to sync with the team and plan this week’s work. The product manager proposes new feature ideas during this meeting. Your feedback is incorporated into the final requirements.
Your calendar is mostly free of meetings, with ample time for writing code. You communicate your progress by moving tickets across a Kanban board and keep in touch with teammates using Slack.
Another engineer on the team publishes a PR and requests your review. You review and provide feedback before the end of the day or first thing tomorrow.
A user-reported bug is reported. The product manager says it's a high priority and should be fixed right away. You stash your work in progress feature and write a test to confirm the bug exists, then publish a PR describing the problem and the fix. Another engineer reviews your PR and you merge it after confirming the test suite and build pass. You deploy the fix to the Staging environment by running an automated script. The product manager reviews the fix and confirms it as working. You deploy the fix to production by running an automated script.
You know of an open-source library that would solve a problem in our codebase. You build a proof of concept PR and give a demo to advocate adopting it during the weekly Engineering Team Meeting.
Your next ticket is to build a new feature and integrate it into an existing FlipperForce tool. After researching the system, you propose a rough diagram and highlight its integration points to the engineering team. You incorporate your peer’s feedback and begin implementation.Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years experience building web applications for critical business needs
- 5+ years experience working with Laravel, Symfony or equivalent PHP frameworks that store data in MySQL or Postgres
- Strong with object-oriented programming and SOLID principles
- Experience using front-end design frameworks like Bootstrap or Tailwind CSS
- Full-stack development - you are proficient up and down the stack, but have a preference for at least one area of work. Knowledge of relational databases is required.
- Quality and testing - you write automated tests for almost all features and champion high-quality code. You often practice TDD and have used testing frameworks like PHPUnit, Pest, or Jest.
- Egoless - you want and desire feedback from your teammates on the code and experiences you create, and always do what is best for our users
- Independent - you are self-motivated and accustomed to working autonomously by yourself, but readily ask for help when needed.
- Collaborative - you enjoy pair-programming, being mentored, and mentoring others
- Collaborates with the team to refine requirements and guide product vision. Your input has a direct impact on how user-facing features are built.
- Experience creating user interfaces and implementing an intuitive user experience.
- Bias towards documenting code and process to improve visibility to rest of the organization
- Diagnose and solve complex performance issues and writing resource-efficient code
- Knowledge of common web application security vulnerabilities
- Proficient using git and trunk-based development
- Strong software architecture knowledge
- Very strong communicator when writing, speaking, and building visual diagrams
- Preferred Experience
- Building multi-tenant client-server applications that run in a cloud-based environment
- Scrum-based development methodology
- Experience working in an environment where security is a top priority
- Experience building SaaS products and integrating user payment and subscription platforms like Stripe
- Experience working with Linux-based server infrastructure, load balancers, web servers, and database servers in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery workflows using tools like GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Knowledge of residential real estate investing, transactions, and financing
- PHP 8.1 / PHPUnit
- Laravel 9
- DigitalOcean / AWS / S3
- GitHub / GitHub Actions
- Process and Tools
- Scrum / Sprints
- Atlassian suite
FlipperForce is a web-based software product that helps thousands of house flippers and real estate investors organize, optimize, and scale their real estate operations. Started in 2018 by an experienced real estate entrepreneur, FlipperForce was acquired by Fund That Flip in early 2022.
Fund That Flip is one of the fastest-growing real estate fintech companies in the U.S., with revenue and staff growth of almost 300% since 2018.
We launched in 2014 out of frustration with the status quo of slow, unreliable capital and gate-keeping into investment deals. Since then, we’ve grown into an end-to-end financial technology platform that helps entrepreneurs and investors generate wealth and make an impact in their own communities across the country.
As of April 2022, we’ve originated more than $1.5 billion in funding with 99.6% of principal returned to investors, and more than 93% of our borrowers come back to fund their next deals! And we’re still challenging tradition with fast funding, unparalleled transparency, and personal service to help real estate entrepreneurs transform their neighborhoods and communities.Why work for us?
At Fund That Flip, we value transparency, hard work, and results. We support personal and professional growth with an entrepreneurial, tech-loving, creative, and solution-focused culture that rewards employees that push the bar higher for themselves and our company.
Our team members can be remote, hybrid, or in-person at one of our offices in Cleveland, OH, or New York, NY.
Glassdoor says Fund That Flip is a great place to work, and we’re proud to have earned some awards backing that up, including:
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company 2019, 2020, 2021 Smart Culture Award 2018, 2022 Business Insider Fintech Startups to Watch 2020 GCP Best of Tech Awards Finalist 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2020 NorthCoast 99 Best Place to Work 2019Plus, these awesome benefits:
- Equity stock options for each and every team member
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Mental Health Benefit offerings including FSA or HSA enrollment eligibility on day 1.
- Flexible time off
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Quarterly and yearly bonus potential based on company performance
- Self-defined career growth in individual contributor and management pathways
At Fund That Flip, we start everything by understanding the needs of others. We’re all unique and in this together. We’re intentional about building relationships across teams and lifting one another up to help our customers improve communities and write their success stories.
As you consider joining our team, know that we are committed to creating extraordinary experiences by offering an equal employment opportunity throughout your entire people journey without regard to age, race, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected class.
We will provide accommodations during the entire people journey upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.