2 months ago
Are you looking for a new challenge, working at an innovative, mission-driven startup? We are a VC-funded careers data and insights company. We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, compassionate full-stack developer to join the founding team.
If unleashing healthy, fulfilling careers for everyone is the kind of impact you’d like to achieve through your work, read on. To date, we have designed a beautiful web-based application with our design agency, launched four pilots, and onboarded hundreds of beta users.
In your role, you will be working alongside the internal team, our design agency, and our pilot clients to build and to launch the new web-based app for students and the Enterprise platform for education clients. You will be responsible for the end-to-end architecture, including designing and documenting it, and you will work with the data science team to inform complex data visualisations. You will be involved in the recruitment of new team members, including junior/mid-level frontend and backend developers.
- You enjoy working in fast-paced, product-oriented environments
- You keep yourself up to date with best practices and like to write code to be read, KISS, SOLID
- You have experience building reusable code and libraries for future use, DRY
- You can accurately translate designed UI into functional frontend code
- You enjoy creating visually rich dashboards
- Writing unit tests is your priority. You like TDD!
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Strong Frontend skills in React.js, Angular is a plus
- Typescript is preferred
- Know how to effectively use HTML5 and CSS3 using tools like Tailwind and Sass
- AWS (Lambda, S3, APIGATEWAY, EC2)
- Python (our Lambda is written in Python, but you can start developing JS)
- Working experience with CI/CD tools is a bonus
- Experience with GraphQL-based APIs is a bonus (it will help you)
- Micro-Services concepts
- Awareness of security challenges in designing a microservice platform
- Scrum and Kanban agile methods of working
- Academic experience is a plus, but not required
- Last but not least, experience with accessibility requirements, ensuring that people with different abilities can access, understand, and navigate our web content, regardless of how they're accessing it.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive salary and equity package. We model and sponsor a healthy work-life balance - we are focussed on productivity, not face time!
Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor a visa at the moment, although we know you might be a talented developer living somewhere beautiful. To apply for this role, you will require the right to work in the UK.
To apply, email your CV and a short personal statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Get in touch with us if you have any questions about the role and application process!