Rutter is the Universal API for reading and writing data across different commerce platforms, marketplaces, accounting systems, and payment processors. Rutter makes it easier for companies to access data to offer data-driven loans, underwrite merchants and SMBs, launch in new marketplaces, and more.
We’re backed by a16z and investors from leading fintech innovators like Plaid, Alloy, Ramp, and Modern Treasury.
- Build out new features and products to help our customers deliver best-in-class e-commerce technology.
- Work on server-side development and optimization of data, including database creation and management and debugging.
- Build the alerting, testing, tooling, and QA processes needed to make maintenance of external dependencies easy.
- Improve the core systems that we use in order to build integrations in order to help Rutter become a first-in-class universal API.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- A software engineer with 4+ years of professional experience in back end services
- Excited about building for other engineers
- Experienced building and maintaining large distributed systems
- Experienced with Typescript, Node, React, and Postgres. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than your understanding of a particular language or framework
- Experience working and scaling API products
- Experience building integrations and managing several external dependencies
- Experience working with remote teams across different time zones
- A fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Unlimited paid time off, quarterly company-wide recharge days, and a wellness stipend
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage -16 weeks of paid parental leave
- A stipend to buy your laptop and set up your home office
- 401K match
- Where we are, and where you’ll be: We're remote-first, with local offices in SoHo NYC and downtown San Francisco. This position can be hired anywhere in the United States.
Rutter believes that diversity and inclusion enrich our workplace, so we are committed to hiring talented individuals with diverse backgrounds for our roles, including qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.