Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world. In 2021 Nutmeg became a J.P.Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
Since being founded we've:
- Grown to 240+ employees
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 180,000 investor milestone in 2021 and now manage over £4 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
As a Front-end Principal Engineer, you will be a trusted technical authority within the organisation. While working with the front-end teams you will take ownership of the long-term architectural vision for part of the Nutmeg platform. As a member of the Architecture team, you will collaborate with other individual contributors to define and enable solutions to simplify and scale the Nutmeg platform. You will closely cooperate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in delivering and improving Nutmeg products.
We have an in-house bespoke Design System to help us scale the UI for white-labelling as well as maintaining a collection of solid domain driven web libraries. We are utilising Node JS to migrate away from a legacy codebase and to enable developers to create clear and clean pragmatic solutions. We have built a strong engineering foundation for knowledge sharing with several skill shares, guilds, and open discussions running every month.
We are looking for someone with previous job experience as a Senior Software Engineer/ Engineering Lead/ Principal Engineer and a strong passion for solving complex technical challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of React
- Designing, building, & maintaining SPAs, Micro-frontends & Design Systems
- Deep understanding of React Component architectures & best practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Deep understanding of automated testing (visual regression, unit/ integration/ E2E tests/ accessibility)
- Hands-on experience with white-labelling & internationalisation
- Ability to design architectures to meet scalability, reliability and security targets
- Experience in driving cross-function technical initiatives
- Explaining technical issues in a clear way to the business and other stakeholders
- Experience with cloud environments (ideally AWS)
You might also have:
- Exposure to React Native
- Consuming REST & GraphQL APIs
- Feature flagging/ AB testing
- Monorepos (such as Lerna/ NPM workspaces)
- Mobile modularisation (native modules)
- Cross-platform mobile development (including tooling)