Clearbridge Mobile, an Amdocs company, is an award-winning mobile app developer that designs and develops best-in-class mobile solutions for clients including PayPal, Tim Hortons, Rogers, Bell, TD Bank, and USA Today. We are growing quickly and searching for smart, passionate people who want to join us in our mission to drive mobile transformation for the world’s most forward-thinking companies.Responsibilities:
Clearbridge Mobile is looking for a lead web backend developer who is proficient in NodeJS, Serverless, AWS Lambda, and Azure functions, etc. to join our team. As part of the engineering team, you will work to build software to help customers and businesses connect. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for writing well-designed web applications.
As a lead web backend developer you will own the delivery of products and project commitments and you are always looking to improve productivity and coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.Daily Tasks:
- The lead developer will help establish development standards and processes across the Backend platform division you’re on
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Make good judgement and pragmatic solutions in high pressure situations
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to build APIs using NodeJS, Serverless, AWS lambda, etc., on the backend.
- Work with AWS Cloud services like S3, Lambda, databases, etc.
- Use the Serverless Framework to define AWS Lambda functions that communicate with the database and other third-party services.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent react applications with clean code.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Complete two weeks sprints and participate in weekly stand-ups and sprint retrospectives.
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Communicate clearly regarding architectural issues and design solutions.
- Work with project stakeholders to clarify requirements and create product solutions.
- 2+ years' experience in architecture design for scalability, load, high availability.
- Experience building API using Microservices & Serverless Architecture.
- Experience is writing Swagger contract for REST API.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL Databases
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with Video Streaming applications and integrating with 3rd party vendors like Adobe Analytics, Airship, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Open-minded and always learning
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of Agile (Scrum) methodology and practices
- Demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal direction, multi-tasking when required
- Team orientation and interpersonal skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Exquisite brokering skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst project and product departments
- Experience in a peak performance organization
- Product company experience
- Startup experience
- Enterprise software company experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about Mobile and Web technologies
Clearbridge Mobile is focused on investing in our employees and company culture. We have worked hard to develop a collaborative and team-oriented environment that fosters opportunities for professional development. Our perks and benefits include:
Career and skill development opportunities Exposure to a diverse range of projects and industries Opportunities to contribute to the global technology community
Currently, all team members are working on a hybrid model.
Clearbridge Mobile welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.