(Senior) Full Stack Engineer
4 months ago
- Do you enjoy solving technical challenges with a big impact on the future?
- Do you like end-to-end software design, development and shipping to prod?
- Would a dynamic fast moving startup be the ideal workplace for you?
If your answer is all of the above, then we need to hear from you!
At Hammer Missions™, we provide an end-to-end software platform for infrastructure inspections using drones, software automation & AI.
We're currently on the hunt for a hands-on software engineering lead who can take charge of developing and executing on our overall software roadmap. You will be working very closely with our senior management, software consultants and other engineers in this role and will be leading all software development at the startup from beginning to completion!
This is an opportunity to be a part of the founding team, lead the engineering team and play a significant role in shaping the future of aerial robotics and geospatial data.
⌨️ Tech Stack
- Vue.js, Cesium.js, GoogleMaps.js
- Node.js, Flask, Python, Fast API
- DynamoDB, S3
- Docker, Docker Compose
- Github Actions
- Design, develop and deploy new features for Hammer Hub to production.
- Solve drone path-planning and drone-data modelling challenges.
- Plan bi-weekly development sprints with the software team.
- Work alongside the cloud team to scale web infrastructure with user growth.
- Undertake field (on-site) tests with other team members using drone hardware.
- Test, monitor and performance analyse Hammer Hub in production.
- Develop an understanding of the entire software stack at Hammer.
- Plan overall engineering roadmap alongside other members of the software team.
- Suggest and document development processes, best practices and tooling.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience (ideally at a SaaS software startup)
- Skilled in modern web frontend frameworks - React, Vue JS (or similar)
- Skilled in modern web backend frameworks - Node JS, Flask, Fast API (or similar)
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software architecture.
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in production environments.
- Experience working with modern databases - mongodb, dynamodb or similar and managing cloud platforms - AWS | Google Cloud | Azure.
- Experience with version control (Git) and containerisation (Docker or similar)
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines & automated software testing.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience as team lead at a robotics, gaming or geospatial organisation is a plus.
- Agile development, sprint planning and project management experience.
- Experience with mobile software development is a plus.
We're based in West London, UK.
Fully remote with occasional travel to the office for field tests and team lunches!
- Competitive Salary
- Company Equity Options
- 28 Holidays - swap out your bank holidays for other days.
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptops, screens, headphones - anything you need to be productive.
- Your own Mavic Mini drone!
- Buy an engineering related book on us
- Monthly team lunches and activities
💡 About Us
At Hammer, our goal is to build the aerial tools of the future. As humans, what differentiates us is our ability to make useful tools that make our lives better - hammer stones were some of the earliest tools we built.
A drone is like a hammer stone but for the 21st century!
With that as our north star, our current software products Hammer App and Hammer Hub help drone professionals and Enterprise drone programmes collect quick and precise inspection data for a number of different infrastructure assets: roofs, facades, powerlines, towers, solar panels, wind turbines and more.
Having deployed our software globally, we're quickly moving into a number of different drone verticals. If you'd like to join a fast-growing team and shape the future of aerial data and mobile robotics, please get in touch with us below.
We look forward to hearing from you!