Neutreeno is a B2B SaaS climate-tech spinout from the University of Cambridge building the world’s first closed loop emissions platform to decarbonise the global economy, without offsetting. 99% of businesses can’t measure (or reduce) their own emissions. Our technology provides the solution, shifting the paradigm from Net Zero to Real Zero.
We are a small, collaborative team of world-leading sustainability experts, growing quickly. Our group includes IPCC climate scientists, low-carbon tech engineers and is backed by the Cambridge Engineering Department’s Resource Efficiency group, the Judge Business School, Entrepreneur First, Innovate UK and Cambridge Enterprise.The role
Neutreeno is a small start-up, moving quickly towards our seed round. You’ll be an integral part of our core team of self-starters, owning multiple projects and thriving wearing multiple hats.
You’ll have full ownership over the design & creation of our V1.0 decarbonization web app platform. We're still deciding on our tech stack and would like you to help us make the decision. Ideally, you'll have experience in modern languages/frameworks like React, Python, Node. You will apply your front-end skillset to develop a Web App to input corporate operational data and visualize emissions in a simple & accessible way. Working alongside the team, you will have the opportunity to build a cutting-edge, back-end emissions measurement API deployed on cloud services. ****By continually integrating our evolving measurement models & frameworks, the digital technology you create will not only be state-of-the-art, but also make an immediate contribution to global decarbonization.Responsibilities
- Own, design and develop the web app platform
- Design and build front-end web app interfaces (dashboards, data intake forms, PDF report printing)
- Engineer a back-end API architecture & database for our state-of-the-art calculator engine
- Integrate evolving carbon measurement models periodically into the platform with best practices (tracked, time-stamped, commented).
- Create data pipeline (structuring data intake, data labelling, storage on databases)
- Dev Ops and deployment (on AWS)
- Own code quality, deployment processes and language/library/etc choices.
- Understand and leverage appropriate code testing strategies (unit, integration, component, end-to-end) to ensure that everything you release is of the highest quality.
- Manage and mentor junior team members as we grow
- Architecting complex software systems
- Software product engineering of Web Apps
- Software product engineering of APIs
- Integrating software with analysis models (Python)
- UI/UX front-end-based application design & build
- Best practices in data collection, labelling, processing & storage
- Salary Range: £40,000 - £70,000 (depending on experience)
- Ownership through an equity package (benchmarked to American, not European, standards)
- Pension scheme (standard for U.K. employment)
We offer a flexible workplace culture. We envision 2-3 days per week remote and the balance in person (Cambridge), as we find being together great for team bonding, creativity and productivity.
We offer 25 holidays excluding UK bank holidays (subject to the timing of our Seed Round).How to Apply
Just send us your CV or apply directly on this ATS link for simplicity & we’ll respond to you quickly.