Intermediate Software Developer (React.js, Node.js, PostgreSQL, AWS)
16 days ago
Resolver is now permanently hybrid – that means, you can decide to work in office, remotely or a mix of both depending on your preference! That location you see above is the region you are able to work within.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organizations can protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row!
What you’ll be doing:
- The Intermediate Software Developer at Resolver is involved with key areas of the development process; research, design, programming, and testing of our software technology in order to enable and support short and long term business goals
- Displays extensive knowledge of programming languages (Javscript, Go) including In-depth knowledge of the frameworks/libraries (React, Redux, HAPI, AWS) used by the team
- Develops new user-facing features, from the database all the way up to the browser
- Identifies issues up front and remediates them quickly and efficiently; rarely anything more than minor mistakes
- Proficient at performing peer code review and providing succinct and relevant feedback in this area
- Optimizes applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Actively participate in prioritization with Product and the team
- Write and maintain database schema, queries and procedures
- Solution, Implement and Maintain Cloud Systems and Infrastructure Measures of Success: clean and efficient code, ability to stay within scope/specifications, on-time delivery of application
What you will bring:
- 2-5+ years of experience with back end development (including Node.js, Postgres, Redis, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or Post-Secondary Certification (College, Bootcamp) in computer science and/or engineering or equivalent experience
- A passion for creating great content and developing extraordinary software
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Security of code is always top of mind
During the process you will be meeting with these people: Initial conversation:
Marc Martinez, Recruitment Specialist - com/in/marc-martinez-1287a31 Interview #1:
David Middleton, Software Development Manager - com/in/david-middleton-9312b2108
Felipe Campos, Software Development Manager - com/in/felipe-gonçalves-de-campos-35a709a7 Interview #2:
Mark Tupula, Software Development Manager
Arturo Guedez, Software Development Manager - com/in/arturo-guedez
What We’ll Give You In Return
- Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't just something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us. Here’s how we do it:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months! We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have e-learning to meet the needs of our Resolverites working remotely. We offer career development opportunities to help you build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and 5 additional weeks of pregnancy leave for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & trust – We enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- In The Office – If you choose to come into the office to work, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We also offer up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, click here to get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]