Head of Frontend
5 months ago
The MySense health analytics platform offers new and novel health insights from the simplest source: our homes and our daily routines. The product harnesses IoT and AI to empower people and their carers to understand their own health data to ensure they get the right support, in the right place, at the right time.
Main purpose of the role:
- Build and deliver a 3-year Frontend Strategy ensuring it aligns with the Product Strategies.
- Articulate/explain technical information to non-technical staff, developers and third party clients.
- Ensure core principles and best practices are followed throughout the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions.
- Develop new user-facing features across all frontend systems.
- Build reusable code and shared libraries for future use.
- Monitor and improve application performance.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for best practices.
- Responsible for the team’s full frontend development lifecycle: planning, development, code reviews, testing and deployment.
Team & Mentorship
- Work together with the wider product team to ensure the technical feasibility of plans / features.
- Research ways of improving existing implementations and processes.
- Work closely with other teams to agree on project plans and timelines and execute on those plans.
- Help develop and maintain team best practices.
- Mentor other engineers where possible.
- Help and support other team members with mentoring, troubleshooting, implementation or deployment hurdles.
Required Technical Skills:
- React and React Native
- A good understanding of the DOM
- Jest / React testing library
- Redux (a good understanding for legacy code)
- Data visualization
- Responsive design
- Strong UX / UI understanding
- Custom React components
- Babel and Webpack
- Agile development
- Team leadership
Desired Technical Skills:
- React native for web
- React query
- Developing NPM and GitHub packages
- Animation / Motion
- AWS Amplify
- Practical AWS
- Feature toggling
- Team building / hiring
- iOS and Android
We are a fast-growing scale-up in the IoT health space, you will help shape the team and company and your decisions will have a huge impact. As an IoT company, the challenges we face are often novel and require unique and innovative solutions which can be both invigorating and rewarding.
We foster a culture of openness and authenticity over structure and process. Strong communication, learning and collaboration are what we strive for and we are looking for people who share these values.
- 30 days holiday + your birthday + Public Holidays
- Flexible working up to 3 days remote p/w
- Monthly education allowance
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance at 4 times annual salary
- Pension scheme
- Company laptop
Check us out:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.