Front End Engineer
9 months ago
We are honu.ai, a venture backed startup building the next generation platform to give small business owners superhuman decision making capabilities. We are currently in stealth mode and are backed by Europe’s top investors (early backers of TransferWise, Tide, Coinbase, CityMapper, Cazoo, Nested, Habito, Cleo, King, Snyk...) The technology we are building is novel and we will be pushing the boundaries of what has been done in this space. The core team is comprised of highly experienced and seasoned technologists.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to join our growing team.
- You will be part of the core team of 10 people building the first iteration of the product, you will contribute to both the front end and back end, but will be on of the go-to people for front end development.
- You will collaborate with the team to define the strategy and vision for how we will build effectively and be successful
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Work with engineers across the company to build delightful features that span various parts of the system
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly ambitious, venture backed company, on the ground floor. We’re taking a revolutionary approach and people who bring diversity of experience and a track record of creative solutions are particularly welcome.
- 3+ years experience as a Front End Engineer.
- 2+ years of commercial experience and demonstrable proficiency in React and TypeScript.
- You can write semantic and easy to maintain CSS. Experience with Atomic Design, BEM, SASS and StyledComponents is a plus.
- Nice to have experience:
- Framer Motion
- React Hook Form
- React Query
- Functional programming
- Data-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful
- You will believe in clean coding, simple solutions, automated testing and continuous deployment.
- Experience building Fintech or eCommerce products a plus.
- You are considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork.
- You value honest feedback and creating an environment where it flourishes.
- You're comfortably organised amongst chaos.
- Essentials: You get things done, You take full ownership of your work, and you always strive for excellence and go the extra-mile.
Our initial stack is in Go and Python for the back-end, and React/TypeScript on the front-end. We have a pragmatic, non dogmatic approach and will refine the tech stack and find the right tools for the job, as the product evolves. Polyglot engineers are particularly welcome.
Our Process (1-2 weeks)
- Introductory phone call ( 30 mins )
- Deeper dive with the tech team (1-1.5 hour)
- Systems design interview call (1.5 hours)
We are growing fast and will be sure to respect your time and expectations each step of the way.