We’re growing again! We are looking for a mid-level or higher Frontend Engineer to join our fully remote tech team, full time. You’ll work on various frontend applications, building new features, as well as maintaining and fixing existing code.
Our current Frontend stack is:
- React Query
- CRA and Next.js
- Emotion, Material-UI, Stylable
- XState, react-sweet-state, Redux for state management
- WordPress (bonus points for experience with WP or willingness to learn)
As a fully distributed organization, we use Slack as our office, Jira for transparency and organizing work, and video calls for real-time collaboration (and just to hang out face to face).
We’re looking to hire someone at mid-level or higher. If you are interested in the role and have the required experience but don’t meet all of the criteria listed below, please apply anyway. We understand that growth is continuous and we are committed to helping you grow at Supertab.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working within a cross functional team including a Product manager, UX designer and Backend developers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
- Writing reusable components and associated styling.
- Writing unit and integration tests.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Assisting with documentation of new features, contributing to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and addressing performance issues throughout the application.
- Helping to identify and fix front-end bugs and issues.
- Experience with React, state management libraries (such as Redux), and Webpack:
- It is very important that you are able to hit the ground running with our existing React-based UIs.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects: TypeScript, React MUI, Emotion, Storybook, Python and WordPress (useful, but not strictly required.)
- Experience with E2E testing, visual testing and unit testing in React codebases.
- A solid surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack”.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
We are all united by the belief that making it easy for consumers to buy digital content and services on their terms results in happier users and more revenue for content creators. We believe that empowering creators, communities, causes and content providers to generate sustainable revenue, and removing obstacles by trusting consumers and giving them a choice for how to buy online content and services, is imperative for a healthy Internet.
We are a team of about 30 people, spread over 13+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We have been remote-first since our founding more than 10 years ago (though we have offices in Munich and in New York). We have been watching with great interest during the pandemic as companies adopt their versions of remote work, and we’re delighted and proud to see that the supportive and well thought out remote culture we’ve created and fine tuned over the years continues to be at the forefront of this important movement.
We care more about the things you do than your presence in a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally you’ll have at least four hours of overlap with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.Our values are:
- Be fearless. Be entrepreneurial.
- Simplify things.
- Own your decisions. Your successes. Your mistakes.
- Enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Work as a team. Trust each other.
We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, races, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and levels of experience. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also helps to ensure we build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
Check out our Behind the Scenes blog for more insight on how we work. Building a remote culture: 5 lessons learned How to be new at LaterpayBenefits
- AllHands (biannual, in-person, team event)
- Annual training and personal development budget
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- Company laptop
If this sounds interesting, please apply here: Upload your CV. Let us know in your cover letter how working with us leverages your past experiences or connects with your future goals,
Our preference goes to applications with cover letters. Read a thing about why here.
We will be accepting applications until October 10. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until October 14th -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!Pay
- €65k - €80k / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level.