Senior Engineer - Frontend
2 months ago
GitStart is a Pull Request as a Service platform that unleashes engineering teams to accelerate their work. We help teams scale dynamically without friction whilst guaranteeing quality. Assign tickets to GitStart, Go to Bed, Wake up to Pull Requests.Our Mission
Our mission is to help unleash the coding potential of the world’s most underrepresented, underprivileged, and underrated developers to work on the most advanced codebases and accelerate engineers everywhere.
The number one bottleneck software companies face today is the lack of senior engineers. Yet, there are millions of talented junior developers all around the world who can’t grow simply because of their circumstances. Wrong country of birth, wrong timezone, wrong language (we call all this BS).
Your work will help accelerate their careers by helping them grow faster through access to work above their level, getting paid to learn and being able to do it from anywhere. If you are as passionate as we are about this, join us!About the role
What you will do
- You’ll work as a Senior Engineer focused on the frontend part of the stack, in particular you will:
- Contribute code to the frontend part of our codebase. It is a React application written in Typescript, that uses GraphQL API (through Relay).
- Own features end-to-end, from product definition, through implementation, and to production.
- Share your knowledge and passion for code quality with the rest of the team through code reviews and pairings.
- Grow both personally and professionally. We treat growth seriously, as we believe that our team will thrive only if and when every one of the team members does.
Some skills or experiences which would set you up for success
- Extensive experience with our frontend tech stack: TypeScript & ReactJS, GraphQL.
- Some familiarity with our backend stack can also come in handy: Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe on top of the Postgres database.
- Familiarity with CI/CD ways of shipping code. We do it with: Pulumi, Kubernetes and GitHub Actions.
- Product sense. You care about the product, why people use it, and obsess about how to make it better for them. Ideally, you’ve developed one yourself, and know where to focus your energies in order to have the most impact.
You might be a great fit for this role if you have great
- Self-management skills. You are able to operate independently, meaning you know how to plan and organize your work and communicate it to others, and don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do. This is especially important to us, since we’re a remote company with an async first mindset.
- Ability to do deep work (as described by Cal Newport in his book). We recognize the value of that uninterrupted work and try to reduce busy work as much as possible, so you can focus on meaningful work.
To help succeed in your role you’ll collaborate with an exceptional engineering team - early unicorn employees, Typescript and VSCode team engineer, Facebook Hackathon winner, Google Women TechMakers Scholar, etc.Our business
We are a hyper scaling startup with 15% Month-on-Month growth for the past 6 months despite being in stealth mode. Now that we have closed our seed round with some amazing investors, we are now going to accelerate our growth and most aspects of our business are looking at 10-100x growth in the next 1-2 years.Our Team
Here's a taste of some amazing things our team has done and achieved
🔥 Several ex-founders of startups in industries from crypto/fintech to coding bootcamps to IoT/wearables
🧠 National maths olympiad winner and former member of the Microsoft Typescript team
⛵️ Sailing world champion and Ironman
🦄 Teammates who have already gone through the seed to unicorn journey
🎓 Google Women TechMakers Scholar
Organizer of rave parties (pre-Covid 😷 )
🚀 An actual rocket scientist!
Earned a masters by utilising ML to prolong life of Cystic Fibrosis patients
Our engineering team is 50% female and we already have over 9 different nationalities in our company.
We also have some pretty phenomenal advisors and investors. Including 2 CTOs of the 10 highest valued companies, several CEOs and CTOs from the top 10 highest-valued startups worldwide, and YC, the world’s most prestigious accelerator.What we offer
- We are a fully remote company so you decide where you want to work
- We host regular off-sites to bond and explore the world (3-4 a year of 2-3 weeks each)
- Personalised growth plan & mentorship for every employee + access to the world’s most prestigious entrepreneurship community through the Y Combinator 🤝
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make a significant contribution to changing the lives of millions of developers
- A great range of perks and benefits