Software Engineer, Front-end (Illinois)
15 days ago
Ambient.ai is an AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to prevent as many security incidents as possible. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna who are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades. We are always looking for passionate people that enjoy tackling the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML. Come join us! 100% of employees surveyed in our most recent engagement survey say they would recommend Ambient.ai as a great place to work and expect to be here in 2 years!
What you will contribute:
- Implement customer facing UI that is intuitive, simple and delightful to solve mission critical problems.
- Drive product roadmap and take ownership of several core components of the product.
- Collaborate with UI/UX design, product managers and engineering to solve challenging usability problems and create product features that drive customer value.
- Rapidly learn new web technologies to improve usability and performance.
- Develop processes to elevate engineering quality and efficiency and improve the architecture and organization of the code.
- Mentor junior team members and foster them to become high functioning ICs that can grow with the organization
- Help determine the vision and goals for what frontend is at Ambient.ai
Some examples of projects you can contribute to include:
- Revamping our Video Stream Player UI
- Improving our code deployment pipeline
- Rebuilding our Investigative Search feature
- Maintaining our UI component library
- Building data visualization tooling
What you bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field with a least 4 years of experience building intuitive, fast and real-time web applications.
- Solid understanding of the modern frontend technology stack, including MVC frameworks like React.js, Ember.js, Vue.js. Must have a deep understanding of the underlying DOM as well.
- Experience building real-time (for e.g. using WebSockets) and cross-platform web applications.
- Familiarity with backend engineering.
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry
- Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of the company
- We offer unlimited PTO and we want you to take the time you need when you need it to balance your life and recharge your batteries
- Comprehensive health care package (health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, legal services, and 401k plan)
- Employee Referral Program
- Latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- WFH Stipend- We offer a $50 dollar monthly stipend for phone and a $50 dollar monthly stipend for wifi
- Virtual Happy Hours and fun activities
- Employee Resource Group- Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. ERG’s provide support and community to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we’d love for you to join or create one
- Enjoy a full range of team off-sites with your awesome co-workers, fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches (post-covid)
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project - we'd love to see it.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.