Senior Front End Engineer
14 days ago
Are you a passionate frontend engineer seeking a role that gives you ownership? Are you driven and interested in rapid learning and an accelerated growth path? Do you care as much about UX as you do about your code quality?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the role for you!Who we are
Truealpha is reinventing business intelligence for startups and scaleups.
We are mission-driven and building a platform from the ground up to automate financial and operational KPIs in a way that upskills founders on their business knowledge and enables them to effectively track, understand and communicate business performance data to internal and external stakeholders.
Lack of data hygiene and access to reliable business analytics is one of the top reasons for startup failure and impacts everything from strategy & growth to fundraising.
We’re on a mission to upend the world of archaic spreadsheets and static PDFs and provide a modern, enterprise-grade business analytics solution for the startup and VC ecosystem.What you'll get up to
We’re looking for a highly motivated and talented front-end engineer who can hit the ground running quickly.
As a founding front-end engineer, you'll be in a position to have an instant impact on our platform while working closely with the VP of Engineering and the product and design team.
This is an accelerated path to Head of Frontend Engineering for the right candidate.Specific responsibilities include
- Implementing rich, consistent, easy-to-navigate interfaces which enable customers to visualise data and perform complex tasks
- Developing high-quality, reusable components from business requirements
- Continuously improving and enhancing existing components
- Driving quality and testing methodologies to ensure the robustness of our team's solutions
- Closely collaborating with product and design team to ideate and build new and innovative components for interaction and visualisation
- Taking part in code reviews and architectural discussions with other software engineers
- Work from the office 3 days a week
- Familiarity with modern web technologies, APIs, front-end frameworks and integrating with back-end services
- Strong interest or experience in data visualisation is highly preferred
- A passion for building software that provides a great user experience with great attention to detail
- Product and delivery focused
We are more than happy to hear from candidates early in their career but with a demonstrable passion for frontend engineering or from more seasoned engineers looking for a new and fulfilling challenge.About you
- You take pride in your work and are looking to make an impact
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and context switching
- You are methodical and analytical in your approach to work.
- Time to market is essential - getting stuff done comes as second nature to you
- You are conscientious and pragmatic
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- Ownership - of your work and in the company. This role offers US style stock options. When we win, you win.
- A strong culture of openness & transparency that you can help make bigger and better
- Hybrid work setup (fantastic, vibrant office space in central London)
- Rapid learning and accelerated growth path
- An opportunity to make a difference and build something that customers will love
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity to surround yourself with very smart, open, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn at every turn
Truealpha is committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer and we welcome applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, social background, age, nationality, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.