14 days ago
Be a part of the world’s only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, building communities to reduce global waste!
Did you know that over one third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1trillion?
Join OLIO’s ambitious team who the UN have highlighted as a ‘beacon for the world’, and help them achieve their goal of 1 billion OLIOers by 2030 to mitigate the worsteffects of the climate crisis.
OLIO are looking for a mobile/react-native lead to steer their Android and iOS app development in the Community Team. You will help to define and implement the strategic direction of the app and collaborate with engineers to ship code continuously. You will partner with engineers and the product team to drive best practices, success criteria and contribute to a culture of engineering excellence.
You will lead a team of 8 other React developers, ensuring that the development processes are optimised and provide an amazing user experience. You have the passion for architecting delightful, intuitive front-end applications that are responsive and easy to learn and use. You take pride in building both a system and writing great code as well as being a role model to others.
IS THIS YOU?
OLIO's ideal candidate will first and foremost be as passionate about OLIO's mission as they are! In addition to this, you will have the following attributes:
- Set technical standards and best practices for the team and lead front end feature development
- Architect and help set the technical direction for large-scale React and React Native web applications using AWS Cloud services
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and design features with user privacy and security at top of mind
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities including design, scoping, coding, code review, unit-testing and bug fixing
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product, Design, and other cross-functional groups to drive product vision
- Explore and prototype new technologies to incorporate into the development effort
- Experience building mobile apps using react-native (both iOS and Android platforms with regards to: store submission processes, push notifications)
- Work as a hands-on lead with strong mobile architecture and development experience in mobile native apps for entire software development lifecycle.
- Agile processes and Test Driven Development, ideally in a multiple team environment
Nice to have experience:
- Experience working in companies during hyper growth
- Experience with automated UI testing.
- Experience with some of the specific client side tools and libraries OLIO already use: Redux, React-navigation, Storybook, React-native-web