Full-Stack Developer (Mid-Level)
23 days ago
GetAgent is the first port of call when looking to sell your home. Where buyers go to Rightmove, sellers go to GetAgent. Best known as the estate agent comparison site, we help 15,000 homeowners per month find the best estate agent.
With a friendly team of over 70 people based in beautiful offices in Old Street, we are backed by some of the industry’s leading investors including Channel 4, Seedcamp, and 500 Startups.
Together, we are transforming the experience of selling your home.
We are GetAgent, a disruptor in the PropTech space and the leading estate agency comparison site. Through transparency and data, our aim is to provide a straightforward and pain-free solution to the most stressful process a homeowner can undergo; selling their property.
We analyse millions of property listings each year to create an objective measure of estate agent performance. Using our platform, homeowners can sell quicker and achieve a better price. We’re on a mission to make home-selling even easier and the tech team is at the forefront of making this a reality, from executing improvements to our front-end UX, to adding new features and tools to improve our product and processes.
In addition to the front-end, we’ve built a custom, bespoke CRM platform utilising the power of React and NodeJS. This is an essential part of our business and most of the team use this all day, every day. The system has integrations with telephony providers, payment systems, and accountancy software. We’re always looking for ways to improve efficiency through technological solutions (and your ideas are actively encouraged).
As part of this mission, most recently, we migrated the public-facing site over to Next JS, which our team loves! This is powered by a Rest API (Koa/NodeJS) and MySQL for data storage.
All of this was built with a small but driven tech team. Currently a team of 7 developers, we are now growing out our tech capabilities, we are looking for a Mid-Level, Full-Stack Developer, who is motivated by growth and working within a dynamic PropTech scaleup to join the team.
What You'll be doing
As a member of the tech team, you’ll work alongside the CTO and Lead Developer. The majority of your day will be working on improving and adding new features to our existing products. As we venture into new products, you’ll have the opportunity to dive in however you see fit and lead the process from idea generation and goal setting, to measuring the impact of your work.
What we'll need from you
- Front-end technical skills (we use React, Chakra, CSS-in-JS)
- Back-end experience (ideally Node JS, but PHP/Ruby/Python will also be considered)
- Working Knowledge of SQL databases
- Great attention to detail
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience working in a Start-Up
- Interest in the property market
- Worked with some of our Stack - Koa, Bookshelf, Knex, React, Next JS, Chakra
- Experience working with APIs (bonus points for Twilio, Plivo, and/or Stripe)
What's in it for you
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Working with an agile, fast-paced & rapidly-growing team
- Join a fast-growing company at an extremely exciting point in our journey
- Work with great people - we place a big emphasis on hiring lovely people. They are the best thing about GetAgent!
- Dive headfirst into one of the biggest industries in the world and help simplify the stressful process of moving house!
- A bit of security - GetAgent is a scale-up turning a profit and still growing quickly
- Support - You will work closely and collaboratively with our Lead Developer, who will monitor your personal development, and provide support for your role