Software Engineer, Full Stack Product
14 days ago
Ambient.ai is an AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to prevent as many security incidents as possible. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna who are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades. We are always looking for passionate people that enjoy tackling the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML. Come join us! 100% of employees surveyed in our most recent engagement survey say they would recommend Ambient.ai as a great place to work and expect to be here in 2 years!
What you will contribute:
- Implementing REST and GraphQL APIs for clients
- Designing and implementing highly available and fault tolerant microservices and scalable databases to power web applications
- Improving the performance, reliability and scalability of all backend services and frontend clients.
- Developing delightful product features end to end
- Developing fault tolerant build systems for web applications
What you bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong programming background.
- At least 3 years of experience building highly scalable and available web services.
- Deep expertise in REST APIs, general web backend design principles, relational databases (MySQL / Postgres).
- Strong experience with Unix like systems (bash scripting and tools).
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and efficient algorithms using proper data structures.
- Ability to design and implement complex systems including a real time websocket system communication system, etc).
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry
- Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of the company
- We offer unlimited PTO and we want you to take the time you need when you need it to balance your life and recharge your batteries
- Comprehensive health care package (health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, legal services, and 401k plan)
- Employee Referral Program
- Latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- WFH Stipend- We offer a $50 dollar monthly stipend for phone and a $50 dollar monthly stipend for wifi
- Virtual Happy Hours and fun activities
- Employee Resource Group- Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. ERG’s provide support and community to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we’d love for you to join or create one
- Enjoy a full range of team off-sites with your awesome co-workers, fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches (post-covid)
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project - we'd love to see it.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.