At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Our Club Practice Group
This role sits within one of our Clubs (business unit) in a senior team called a Practice Group. These people will inspire and challenge our ANDi’s to grow into exceptional digital experts, through teaching, mentoring, coaching and thought leadership. While creating spaces beyond the day to day to guide clients on how best to approach their problems. Finally, as a Principal, you will collaborate with AND stakeholders in the business development process, applying your skills to qualify the potential and maximise the value of new engagements.
The Tech Part
As a Front-End Tech Principal, you’ll be a hands on, software engineering specialist working across a Club’s portfolio of clients, onsite and in multi-skilled agile delivery teams. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Illustrate deep knowledge of modern and agile software engineering; TDD/BDD, pair-programming, XP, CI/CD
- Display a DevOps mindset and ability to use tools like Webpack, npm, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform etc.
- Have knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Have an appreciation for testing tools (Jest, Jasmine, Cypress, Artillery, Gatling)
- Demonstrate credible experience working on large-scale, multiple industries, eCommerce and enterprise-level software development projects
- Be hands-on with development teams; you’ll understand what good code looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture into consideration with a DevOps mindset.
- Be able to review, understand and find ways forward with existing client code; visualising the future code design from the observation of the legacy code.
- Have consulting experience or possess client facing skills
- Be an active member of the AND Digital Interviewing team
- Remain hands on by championing and influencing the technical direction of projects
- Provide guidance and strategic advice to clients; be able to observe the problems closely and propose solutions
- Coach, mentor and upskill a team through implementing engineering best practices such as code reviews and pair programming.
- Be hands-on with development teams; you’ll understand what good looks like and guide them to visualise the bigger picture
- Give and receive regular feedback to help the developer community within your Club to develop and be more effective on client projects
We understand not every Principal has the same path. We would like to hear from you if you enjoy;
- Being close to engineering
Either preferring to be generalist across a number of disciplines OR you favour being a deep specialist in one area.
- Being plugged into the industry
Either having the ability to speak at events and meet-ups OR prefer writing tech blogs and thought pieces
- Being part of a team
Either being driven by the opportunity to line manage and career coach OR desire to be a skills coach, unearthing deeper technical skills in others
- Being encouraged to think beyond today
Either desire to one day get into commercials, proposals and Club management OR desire to one day be a senior advisor on a tech/discipline board, remaining as close to the code as possible.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form and we’ll be in touch.