The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC-backed companies. Our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever. Plus, our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for ⛱ Remote Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
We are actively seeking an experienced Web Developer who will be responsible for implementing key pages, infrastructure, and analytics on our marketing website (vowel.com). This will include working with our headless CMS Contentful, enabling new marketing tools on the site, and improving site speed and breadth across devices.
Ideal candidates are naturally curious and self-aware, have a positive attitude, and are excited to learn new skills. Additionally, having empathy, being self-motivated, and a keen interest in mentoring other engineers (as well as an openness to feedback from others) are also important criteria for candidates.What you'll do
- You will have complete ownership of our marketing website
- Content structure updates
- Home-page animations
- Web page design
- Technical SEO and page speed improvements
- Experience with Contentful or any other similar headless CMS
- Strong understanding of web design principles and tools.
- Strong familiarity with the frontend, backend, and Cloud aspects of development.
- Great communication and organization skills
- Experience with Gridsome, NextJS or other SSR framework is a plus
- Fully remote; work from anywhere that makes you most productive and fulfilled