Frontend Engineering Manager, Reporting
2 months ago
What's the job and why is it so great?As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll lead a small team of 3 to 5 engineers to develop the core features of our application. Together you'll create and improve widgets, dashboards, reports, and everything in between. We're comprised of small, cross-functional teams, so all of your contributions will have a big impact.There's more details about the role below, but the short of it is:
- You'll love this job if you enjoy tackling complex problems and managing a small team to produce a polished, high-quality product.
- We'll love you if you're quick learner who's also a strong leader that focuses on the growth and wellbeing of your team.
- You'll manage and grow a small team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- You'll work with engineering leaders to continuously improve and nurture our culture, practices, and employee wellbeing.
- You'll facilitate collaboration between key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to reach the right goals and align with the company mission.
- You'll help your team achieve technical excellence by taking a hands-on approach to architecture, technical patterns, and project management.
- You'll work on complex problems, where you'll have to quickly assess, understand, and iterate upon aspects of our codebase.
- You'll prioritize multiple incoming requests and oversee projects from start to finish.
- You'll review and test pull requests to ensure work meets product requirements and code standards, as the last line of defence before deployment.
- You have the ability to communicate with engineers and product managers, while building trust, credibility, and mutual success across teams.
- You have a strong understanding of the challenges of working in engineering and delivering products in a remote work environment.
- You have the ability to prioritize incoming requests and protect your engineers' focus.
- You have a passion for developing positive culture with a focus on employee wellbeing.
- You have the drive to stay current with technological changes and set a high standard for yourself and the team.
- You have a strong sense for UI quality and a solid understanding of user behaviour.
- You have experience leading an engineering team of a similar size.
- Fully remote, no location restrictions
- Profit-sharing distributed quarterly
- 4 weeks vacation
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Extended health benefits
- Continued education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Continuous events like happy hour & regular hosted meetups
- Complete a self-assessment form (5 - 10 minutes)
- Non-technical introduction interview (15 - 30 minutes)
- Take-home code challenge
- Technical interview with Hiring Manager (30 - 45 minutes)
© 2019-2022 JobsInJS.com. All Rights Reserved.