Senior Back-End Engineer
16 days ago
At Tara we’re building the fastest, simplest and effortless platform to define, track and automate the process of building software. Our mission is to help the growing number of 7000+ orgs and hundred of industries on Tara to git ship done!
We’re bringing a much needed layer of smarts, automation and workflow integration to empower users to solve complex engineering and product problems. These include issues like the lack of visibility into product progress, increasing engineering productivity and most of all moving away from using issue tickets as a measure of progress. At Tara we believe that the future is ticketless.Who will I be working with?
We're a founding team of seasoned Engineering, Product and Design folks. Our experience spans across building productivity software to mission critical enterprise software. We're passionate about enabling engineers and builders that create the platforms the world uses, everyday. Our notable investors include Slack, YCombinator and Acrew.
For this role you will be working alongside with our team of passionate engineers and will have regular interactions with our CTO. This is a fully remote role, and we're hiring globally!
Our Tech and A-Sync Stack for Remote Work. The Tara platform is built on React, Redux and Typescript with a microservices infrastructure that is powered by Google Cloud.
We define requirements, run sprints and view progress on Tara. This is a unique opportunity where you use what you build, every single day. We communicate daily over slack and email and conduct scheduled meetings over Google Meets.Why be a part of Tara Engineering Team?
- If you’re passionate about making engineering and product teams productive
- If you’re ecstatic about changing the way the world builds software
- If you’re excited about solving complex technical problems and enabling your peers to succeed
- If you enjoy bringing structure to code and processes
- If you truly thrive in a collaborative environment
- If you love using, improving and growing what you build
- Building and maintaining a serverless architecture on GCP
- Maintaining a set of internal Node Packages for shared code
- Architecting and maintain our backend with Firestore and Firebase Services
- Creating and maintaining a logging strategy for incoming back end errors
- Working on architecting and implementing data pipelines and connecting to external services for machine learning, analytics and predictive analysis
- Working closely with team leads on maintaining readable documentation, RFC’s and Process improvements for the wide engineering team.
- Mentorship and one on ones with junior engineers
- Keeping up to pace with the latest features of GCP and Node
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing software development best practices
- 5+ years of experience as a senior engineer developing on cloud services
- Experience with data storage technologies such as NoSQL, GraphQL, Firebase,
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and design
- Experience with Node and modern ES standards
- Experience building highly scalable services
- API design theory, and and able to describe why one might choose JSON/REST over gRPC or GraphQL
- Experience identifying, testing, and resolving performance concerns
- Team Git workflow and version control
- 100% healthcare coverage with Platinum medical and dental plans
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
- 401(k) plan
- Stock options
- Regular virtual happy hours and team bonding activities
- In-person off-sites in multiple locations