Mid-Level Full Stack developer
4 months ago
We're looking for a Mid-Level Full Stack developer to work on various projects, in a full-time capacity, capable of understanding/designing the architecture of a product, developing, optimising and maintaining it.
Who we are
swiftscale takes companies further, faster.
We support and connect exceptional fast-growth startups (scaleups), leading corporations and growth investors.
- For corporates, we provide a scouting service, helping them to cut through scaleup noise and discover relevant innovative products / services to collaborate with.
- For investors, we act as an extension of their scouting team, notifying them of investment opportunities and providing warm introductions to exceptional founders.
- For scaleups, we provide an introductory service, connecting them with their ideal investors and target enterprise customer, partnership or exit opportunities.
Founded in 2016, swiftscale has supported over 70 scaleups with their growth ambitions (including luminaries such as Attest, Tessian, Peak, Privitar & Wejo).
swiftscale is a valued advisor to a range of large organisations such as Coca-Cola Europacific Partners, NatWest Group and the UK Ministry of Defence, and is a trusted source of deal-flow for many world-leading investors such as Sequoia and Warburg Pincus.
We are looking for a bright, driven and enthusiastic Mid-Level Full Stack Developer to help build a new software experience for our audiences. You’ll have experience in API development, and a good knowledge of software development principles and design patterns. Ideally, you'll be immediately available.
This is a role that’s ideal for someone looking to join an ambitious company at an early stage, receive comprehensive on-the-job training and get stuck in with multiple projects.
We are initially focused on API integration, full-stack development and system architecture.
Salary is set according to experience. The range is £45-55k, dependent on experience. The role will also benefit from a discretionary end-of-year bonus tied to swiftscale's success.
As a Full-Stack developer, you need to be able to:
- Have some understanding of Docker, Kubernetes and more
- Interest in design and build of CI/CD pipelines including automated testing
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Facilitate problem-solving and decision making
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 18+ months relevant work experience
- Problem solving: You’re able to understand the product vision, and articulate solutions or workarounds (such as suggesting new timeframes, alternative features etc.)
- Intelligence: You learn quickly. You demonstrate an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail: You never let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. You accurately identify what constitutes important details.
- Persistence: You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Honesty and integrity: You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence.
- Passionate about startups: Helping innovators to grow their ideas excites you.
Why do we think you'll love it here...
- Becoming a crucial part of a fast-growth, dynamic company and its expansion
- 28 days of paid holiday not inclusive of an additional Christmas break
- Flexible working (work from home and / or from our great office in Clerkenwell) - we try to gather as a team in central London at least 2 days per week
- A monthly allowance for personal development, including online and offline courses, books, etc.
- Frequent socials and team lunches