Senior Full Stack Engineer
Cloudshelf|Trafalgar Square, St. James's, WC2N 5DX
9 days ago
- We are looking for a new team member who has a good understanding of their real strengths, and a strong desire to learn and improve elsewhere.
- You can immediately contribute to our front-end/SPA with React and Typescipt; and / or bring great experience of Node with NestJS, GraphQL and Postgres
- You enjoy and really understand Object Oriented Programming (SOLID, DI, Domain-Driven Design)
- While you are self-starting, and entrepreneurial, you hopefully derive your energy from working in a team, and mentoring more junior members
- And finally, you care about what it is we are trying to achieve through in-store eCommerce to create a diverse and thriving high street
What the job involves
- You will be a founding member of the engineering team, initially working with our interim CTO, 2 engineering colleagues and a UX designer
- You will be working as a unit to iteratively deliver a groundbreaking experience for bringing the advantages of an online experience into physical retail stores
- You will initially be building on the Shopify platform, and then expanding to other eComm solutions such as Woo, Wix and Magento
- The code you are writing will become the foundation of years of activity and will be used by 10s of thousands of businesses
- So while you need to be fast and efficient, there is no room for quick hacks and approximate work-arounds - you need to be confident you are coding to a quality that will withstand time and allow for a growing team to work off this code base
Additional info about the role
- You will be employee #6, and we hope to be joined by another 10+ in the coming year.
This is a remote position - so you can work from anywhere (assuming you have legal right to do so)
- Simplify - Focus our solution on what matters, remove the rest so that we can genuinely make the best bits outstanding.
- Care - Only hand team members, partners or customers work of the very best quality; care about our impact and community, look out for those around us
- Dare - Go beyond your comfort zone, even if it means risking mistakes. Reach for the outstanding
- Learn always. Make mistakes, but not twice. Find ways of doing things better, or faster, or less painfully. Feel excited by feeling you are growing.
- Wow - Amaze customers, friends, colleagues by the quality of our work and the results it provides
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous share options - early joiners will become owners of Cloudshelf
- Ownership of idea - build the MVP product and define Cloudshelf's future
- Autonomous Fridays - set your own agenda for the day to focus on what you think matters most: learning, self improvement, research.... It is your choice.
- Define our future benefits - We are still super early stage - As we bring in more funding, benefits will grow to include healthcare, pension, flexible work space, regular meet-ups. Join now, and have a say in how we manage office space, meet-ups, etc.