Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
As we help more entrepreneurs and companies build their digital products, opportunities are coming in, and thus the need to onboard more engineers into our team.
Whitesmith has grown as a company since 2012, and continues to do so. However, the team still works very much as a small company. Having around 25-30 people, remote-first from the beginning, we prioritize people, mental-health and work-life balance.
You will be working closely with your own product team while sharing the Whitesmith environment, and having end-to-end responsibilities to deconstruct complex ideas into real world value for our clients.
There will be plenty of growing opportunities into multiple different areas so we can keep the drive, adapt and improve.
* Ship mid sized features and fixes with minimal need for guidance or support
* Ensure a balance between team progress & technical debt, while mitigating any project risk
* Proactively identify, prioritize and resolve issues as they arise while working within a team
* Be pragmatic to take the lead over challenging situations
* Decide when to build vs when to buy code
* Provide mentorship on your team to help them grow individually and as a team
* Embrace uncertainty over highly agile processes
* Exert guidance and influence on the overall objectives of the team
* Ownership and responsibility over any developed component
* Proneness towards communication, visibility & inclusion
* Proficient in written and verbal english, for largely asynchronous work environment - communication and documentation
* Resilience overcoming technical challenges
* Capacity to deconstruct highly complex problems into smaller iterative tasks
* Capacity to think and communicate concisely and critically over complex technical, architectural and team challenges
* Comfortable working in a very agile and iterative process, humble to let go of any attached ego
* Humbleness to be part of a bigger team, provide and receive constructive feedback
* Inside -4GMT to +4GMT Timezones
**Nice to Have**
* Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure Cloud Computing Services)
* Server provision, testing, and deployment
* Experience with Terraform
* Experience with Docker
* Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems
**What’s like working at Whitesmith?**
* Unlimited holidays
* 2 company retreats per year
* Quarterly budget for learning purposes
* Health insurance
* You’ll be working on a people-first company, which prioritizes mental-health, a safe environment and a good work-life balance
* Tell us what you need
* General interview
* Technical Interview
* Technical exercise
We build awesome digital products that people love to use. We do this by blending together ready-to-go tech expertise with a humble product mindset, to help our clients create innovative and engaging customer experiences.
Our process has come about through having built and launched a number of our own products, including our very own Blockchain studio. We’ve also worked with dozens of innovative start-ups across Europe and the US. Our expertise lies in translating customer frustrations into digital opportunities.
We firmly believe in building a family culture where people can flourish and thrive, just like the products we work on. This ethos carries on into our work where we support our clients every step of the way in building a great product.