Senior Test Automation Engineer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer (m/f/d). In this position, you will work with multiple teams in our Consumer Product area helping to drive quality topics to the next level.
Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working fully remotely (even outside Germany) is also possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
Your responsibilities will be:
- Be the Quality Advocate who keeps the bar of the product quality high
- Design maintainable automated test suites, and work iteratively together with the team to optimize and enhance them
- Integrate automated tests in CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and introduce solid test strategies and test plans
- Research, recommend, and implement tools and processes as needed to improve the quality level
- Be involved throughout the entire development life cycle, from requirements definition to product delivery to ensure QA best practices applied at every stage
- Mentor tech and PM teams on testing concepts, techniques, and tools
- Communicate with engineering and product teams to evaluate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Collaborate with developers to locate, reproduce, and document software bugs
You come with:
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines. You always ensure quality checks are fully automated in the projects. You used Gitlab CI/CD/Jenkins pipelines
- Infrastructure knowledge. You know not only how your tests are running but also where they are executed. You are using Docker every day. You are not afraid of a little bit of bash scripting. Your tests are running in parallel, stable and results are easy to get and digest. Experience with Selenoid / GGR / AWS / Kubernetes / Moon is a plus.
- Good knowledge of testing fundamentals: test design, test analysis, testing principles, processes, and techniques including functional, load, integration, regression testing
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others. People like to work with you.
- Understanding of engineering best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations, hands-on experience in web software development would be a plus
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A remote-first setup. The company has transitioned to a remote work setup and plans to keep it as the main working mode. You are free to visit the office if you like, but you don’t have to if you don’t! All the processes are set up in a way that enables efficient remote work you will not feel missing out if you are working remotely.
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events, and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out. At the moment most of the activities are remote due to the restrictions but we’ll also add offline activities once the world is sane again.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- Choose your work equipment and tools. Are you a Mac? Great. A PC? Fine with us. Choose the computer, accessories, editors, and tools which make you the most comfortable.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program that allows you to switch to open positions in other teams
Contact Person: Markus Winkler
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.