Full-stack Software Engineer
Fullstack Software Engineer
Retell is looking for a Full-Stack engineer who is excited to be a part of a collaborative, early-stage startup. While being talented is a must, we’re looking for a self starter who is excited to take on responsibility, and be a part of a fun, growing team.
We are a peer-to-peer rental marketplace that connect lenders with renters to share high-end brands with each other. We aim to make fashion circular and accessible. We can't do that without hiring amazing talent to propel us to the next level of our growth. We are growing our team and looking for a full stack software engineer. You will be one of the first employees to join our team. Therefore, we want someone who enjoys leading both by hands-on software development, as well as by coaching and inspiring others to build safe and scalable products. We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to build out and manage our entire web and app infrastructure. Successful candidates will have a minimum of three years’ recent experience.
- Own the Retell application end-to-end; from web app to database.
- Work with the product team to translate customer needs into code.
- Develop product features, improvements, and fixes across the frontend and backend.
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability.
- Lead technical product teams in building and implementing features.
- Experience of working closely with research team to roll out new features.
- Participate in building and maintaining services and features across web, mobile-web and native mobile applications.
- Evaluate and analyse tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- Solve difficult technical challenges and implement quality improvements to make an application suited for the end-user’s needs.
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications, and scale with us as we grow.
At least three years’ experience with:
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to be flexible and juggle competing priorities and deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or or a related technical field
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment
- Interest in the e-commerce renting space; you’re personally passionate about bringing people together
- You have a deep entrepreneurial spirit and a “founder’s mindset” that drives your work’s quality and impact
- You have a positive attitude and can roll with the constant change of a growing startup
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- This role is remote friendly.