ADLIB Recruitment|Bristol, Avon, GB
2 months ago
- Multi award-winning FinTech for good start-up.
- Working on the latest tech –Node, Ramda, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Full remote with occasional trips.
What experience you’ll need
- Understanding of functional programming techniques and software design principles.
- Extensive SQL knowledge with exposure to different databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with Microservices and REST APIs.
- Ability to work with large data flows, ideally with exposure to data warehouses like Athena, Redshift or tech in the Hadoop ecosystem (not essential).
- Any expertise in building ETL pipelines would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem would be useful.
- Appreciation of the DevOps culture of working (TDD, CI/CD, automation etc.).
- Awareness of Open Banking is desirable.
Joining a small/medium sized data team your responsibilities will be diverse, focused on the server-side with lots of REST API design and builds, Microservices development and general enhancements across the platform, taking a functional approach to everything you produce. You’ll be involved in configuring and deploying flows from production into data warehouses and implementing SQL queries to visualise key information across the platform, user trends and more. You’ll be ensuring high quality code is delivered in line with project goals and delivery cycles, using agile methods and working openly as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on multiple projects concurrently. Your key contributions to the platform will support consumers with their financial issues and money worries, bringing new ideas and ways of innovating the process.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You will receive a generous pension (10% contribution), full remote working with occasional trips to Bristol, life insurance, private medical, your own personal development budget, 25 days holiday a year and your own choice of OS which can be either Mac or Linux. This company pride themselves flexibility, trusting and respecting their employees to deliver the way that suits them best.
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Joe to find out more.