Front End Developer
Front End Developer
My client are one of Europe's market leading entertainment companies 23 million customers across seven countries. They are on the lookout for an experienced front end focused web developer to work on one of their key products. The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled Developers, Test and Reliability engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to and helping shape the technical direction of the department, while delivering on it day-to-day in a delivery team.
- Able to offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality.
- Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practice.
- Enhance and support existing applications / platform.
- Design, develop, test and support new micro-service applications.
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge.
- Actively be involved in all aspects of the agile delivery cycle.
- Ability to understand when tech debt or refactoring tasks should be undertaken vs delivering project-based business value against tight deadlines.
- Drive best software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Extensive system development knowledge with .Net (C#), SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) and NoSQL (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB)
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
- Extensive system development knowledge of automated continuous delivery and deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc), and automated testing (Python + pytest, Groovy, Spock, OWASP, Gatling).
- Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Experience of working collaboratively with non-technical business staff in order to agree requirements, timescales and acceptance criteria.
If this is of interest to you then apply today for immediate consideration! Please note that this role will be inside IR35!!
Contact Name: Experis UK
Job ID: 2926706