Full Stack Developer
Next Ventures are currently executing a search for a Full Stack Developer (SRE) for a new contract opportunity at a financial services company
Duration - To start ASAP until March 2022
*Candidate cannot use Limited company for payroll, must use management/umbrella company.
Umbrella Contractor - Market Rates
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, enhancing and strategic development of all Platform and Database related technologies in EMEA as well as internationally for the Securities Business.
- Responsible for the reliability and efficiency of infrastructure through the delivery of common, repeatable tools and processes that greatly reduce the amount of toil the Database and Platform Operations team must perform.
- Responsible for writing software to make the database and platform infrastructure self-managing and self-service.
- Responsible for automation and continuous service improvement by developing Infrastructure as Code.
- Responsible for elimination of manual, repetitive, automatable, tactical tasks that are devoid from value.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring and capacity planning.
- Responsible for improving system performance, making effective use of resources, distributing load and reducing latency.
- Responsible for identifying SLO's (Service Level Objectives) that align the team to meet availability and latency objectives.
- Responsible for developing pro-active monitoring solutions that alert on symptoms and not just on outages.
- Responsible for performing detailed root cause analysis (RCA's) on incidents and outages to prevent future occurrence.
- Responsible for developing standard operational procedures and producing effective documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of TypeScript.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS3.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Core 3.x Back End Programming and Web API's.
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Excellent knowledge of Microservices, Bootstrap, Material and UI design.
- Excellent knowledge of Website development using containerisation technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge of version control software such as GitHub and Subversion.
- Excellent knowledge of configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and SaltStack.
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure as Code principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of applications development using Agile, and DevOps best practices.
- Good working knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering practices and principles.
- Good working knowledge of Dapper and RxJS.
- Good working knowledge of Apache, Nginx and NodeJS.
- Good working knowledge of Bash and Python programming languages.
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating systems and utilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase ASE, MySQL/MariaDB.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos.
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity.
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
More information is available on application.
CV In Word format essential!