Software Engineer - Executive Director
We are a fast-growing global team within the Corporate & Investment Bank shaping a high-profile and exciting new fintech product for J.P. Morgan. Born out of the Digital Innovation space, our goal is to turn our vision into a market leading platform.
From finance specialists to designers, engineers to product managers, we work together throughout the end-to-end product development process, from strategy through to feature analysis and execution, to create solutions our customers need.
As an integral part of our team, you will demonstrate the curiosity, passion, and tenacity required to solve complex problems in the largest investment bank in the world. If you are excited to make a difference and want to transform capital markets, we want to speak with you.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering team, you will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with product, design, business, engineering stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. As a leader of organizational, operational and technological change, you'll build partnerships with business groups and technology teams across the firm.
You'll also help manage a high-performing team technologists from multiple job families who share your passion for technology and innovation. This role will lead a directly aligned organization and partner with Product Owners & Designers to deliver on a new Greenfield project. You will be able to deliver high quality results in a rapidly changing environment that requires flexibility and adaptability with razor focus on speed to execute.
* 10 Years software development experience (ideally Java based)
* Lead by example, set goals for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your service.
* Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience
* Deep experience in professional software engineering best practices
* "T" type skills - Deep in one area of the technology stack and wide in others
* Well versed with cloud native technologies
* Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
* A degree in software engineering or a similar field.
* Expertise to jump-in when needed on at least one of React, Node.js, Java, Spring Boot
* Experience in building cross functional partnerships and with an Agile delivery experience
* Ability to build an innovative culture, complex problem solving, navigating a large organization
* Ability to maintain team morale in an environment with short product life spans
* Hire diverse talent
Develop, retain, coach and mentor high-performance engineers
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.