Senior Backend Engineer - Node.js
Join our team Sygaldry and work, learn, play and grow together with a bunch of experienced developers (and music enthusiasts) while creating a music ecosystem that works to the advantage of all participants.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
You’ll be working on our backend system and its continuous development. With your teammates, lead developer and engineering manager, you’ll be solving heavy database related challenges and you’ll be continuously making an impact.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
We welcome experienced developers with different skills, however, this team works with Node.js so we'd need you to solve a case and show us your understanding of the same.
- You are a passionate and skilled backend developer (knowing some frontend is a plus) that already has a couple of years of experience.
- Proficiency working with Node.js.
- High quality code is even more important to you than the Force.
- You love to learn and you love to share the knowledge.
- Preferably you worked with MongoDB and/or SQL.
- Experience with Highland.
- Knowing ES6, TypeScript and/or React is only a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Good communications skills.
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity.
We have 3 (currently all video) interviews and here's how the process looks:
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get the technical test and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You meet our lead developers for the technical interview.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
- In case you decide to join us, you'll be meeting potential future team afterwards and before the onboarding.
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Standard Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, Benify, phone and subscription.
- Pretty nice office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)