Junior Front-end Developer - Angular, React, or Vue.js - Awesome FinTech - REMOTE
- Are you an up and coming Front End Developer with an appetite to learn?
- Have approximately 1 year or more experience with Angular, React or Vue.js skills?
- Want to work with a super cool FinTech that's changing the industry?
- Want to work remote within a very smart & super collaborative engineering team?
- Keen to build smart composite UI and have ownership of your work?
- At least 1 years of Front End experience using Angular (ideally) or React or Vue.js
- A growth mindset and a big desire to learn and solve genuine problems
- Working in an Agile SCRUM team, creating clean code AND good tests
- Cloud experiences such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Previous remote working experience or prev' finance background
The company and its goal:
The combination is simple. Combine founders from Goldman Sachs + JP Morgan, a record £17M investment, state of the art engineering & technology, and you create a next-generation platform that makes investing accessible to the everyday person, with substantially lower fees & better ethics!
What you're looking at is a new Fintech/Wealth Management company that provides scalable, low cost and highly customised investment services that would otherwise be reserved for high net-worth individuals.
Having spent the past 3 years meticulously building an incredible development team the business has not stopped growing.
As an Angular Developer, you can expect:
A great user experience is crucial to brand identity and so Angular is the Front End of choice and has been invested in heavily. Development in this area has been accelerated and fine-tuned and a core focus will be around building a composite UI similar to the likes of Amazon, working in harmony with a micro-services architecture.
- A very smart team of 17 hand-picked elite software engineers + product specialist from a mix of industries
- An environment that breeds creativity, smart problem solving with a BIG emphasis on team collaboration and NOT suffering in silence. No matter how small the idea - share it!
- You will learn the Angular framework, Typescript, Ionic, Front End testing, NgRx, RxJS, Azure DevOps, Scrum, and all the patterns and practices that are needed to create modern web applications.
- You'll have the opportunity to skill-up on other areas of the tech stack including C# and cloud architecture patterns.
- To design, build and support the next generation of a highly unique investment platform/website, Ionic mobile app and associated micro-services and composite UI services
- Work full life cycle and be accountable for your code. Testing it properly because we don't chuck code out the door. Never.
- Bring the UI to life combining a rich user experience with the speed and agility that a Fintech platform needs
- Access to whatever tools you need to make you productive and efficient in your job
- A hands-on CTO who is incredibly knowable, down to earth, friendly and close to the dev' team and very much a trusted and respected leader, NOT taskmaster
- You're trusted to manage your own work schedule and in return, you are expected to be efficient, productive and of course, creative.
- More junior members will work closely with colleagues via a dedicated buddy system
How the team deliver code;
- A fine-tuned Agile scrum team who eat, sleep and breath quality code and good testing!
- 2-week sprints, daily stand-ups, Poker planning, unit tests/TDD, Code Reviews, Continuous Integration
Technology & Tools used in the TEAM
- Angular >8, HTML5, CSS3, Ionic, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
- C# v5, coupled with MVC, .NET Core, SQL & Microservices
- Azure (app services, functions, SQL databases, Data Factory, Logic apps and more)
- Visual Studio, GIT, NPM, Xunit, Moq, Selenium and more
- Salary £28,000 - £35,000 - depending on your experience (we also have a mid-level role)
- Pension, 25 days holiday