Software Engineer - React
JPM Research distribution technology is looking for an enthusiastic front end specialist with strong React JS foundations to help us shape the future of Research distribution for our clients. The role is within our 'My Research Subscriptions' team helping us to build out our Research subscription functionality. You will be working mainly in the front end space to build highly functional user-facing components which will allow our clients to control the precise research that they receive via our distribution channels. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, strong team player with aspirations of becoming a leader in the front end space and be able to guide us in what makes for an excellent user experience for our clients.
Key responsibilities and skills:
* Able to work closely with our product team to understand their needs and help them to produce acceptance criteria for front end development.
* Building rich and robust subscription based UI functionality which will be easy for our clients to use and understand.
* Confidence in UI and UX design principles with cross browser compatibility in mind.
* Be able to communicate with colleagues and clients to build common understandings and deliver to expectations.
* The ability to take ownership of the UI and set standards which we the team will adhere to.
* Quality mindset with a view to delivering the best possible experience for our clients and your fellow developers.
Key technology experience:
* Automated UI testing libraries (React Testing Library or Enzyme)
* CI/CD technology and principles
Advantageous skills to have:
* Storybook JS
* Experience of end to end automated testing (Cypress/Selenium)
* Knowledge of financial research
* Cloud/Distributed architecture
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.