# About us
Vauban is making it easy to become a Venture Capital by providing the infrastructure needed as an online service.
Whether you want to raise on a deal-by-deal basis (through a syndicate) or through a fund, our platform lets you fundraise from investors to back startups in a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest.
We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 300 funds & SPVs to date, holding over $800m in capital.
We have helped investors own stakes in companies such as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more.
We are not stopping there - we are growing 200% year-on-year and our ambitious plans include becoming the biggest investment platform in the world by bringing together great companies and private investors in a single ecosystem.
# The challenges you'll tackle
- Design and build exciting features with a direct impact on the product
- Ensure a highly secure infrastructure and scalable architecture
- Collaborating with the best minds in our Legal and Accounting teams to drive user experience through automation and digitalisation
- Work on our proprietary engine that can generate 100 pages of Legal Documentation in 1 second!
- Examples of projects that you will get to work on include: testing API’s, improving system performance and reliability, monitoring and supporting the application, and being a core player in the team
- Typescript (NestJS)
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
# The impact you'll have
You'll be part of a team that wishes to rid the world of the pains that traditional law firms and accountants incur, and wow clients with a better way using automation and digitalisation - the Wealth Container.
Your mission will be to integrate our multi-industry ecosystem, contribute and expand one of the most unique platforms of the European Fintech space.
# Who you are
- 2+ years experience in building high quality web applications and developing API’s using best practices
- An understanding of translating product needs and specifications into great features
- A thirst for knowledge and following all that is new in the development world
- Self-starter, hardworking and happy to work in a dynamic work environment
- A desire to interact with both technical and non-technical team members to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent English communication skills
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe, and lead by 4 key values:
- Courage - We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy and we fight courageously to make them happen.
- Pioneer - Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences because it is full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
- Polymath - Vauban is an end-to-end product, embedding engineering, legal, finance and design. But it's perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various different stuff online to constantly learn new things, you are at home at Vauban.
- 110% - We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you
- Be a part of a growing technology startup and shape the future of alternative investments
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Mafia Employee Syndicate - get access to and invest in the very best private deals in the world from small investment amounts. No other company can offer you this
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free Punk IPA
- Free Books
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in Shoreditch
- Team gaming nights/dinners and the best parties
- Opportunity to enrich our Spotify playlist
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way we invest in private companies - by making it as simple and pain-free as how you would invest on Robinhood in public stocks.
We have been backed by key venture partners such as PenTech, Outward, Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners, and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London, and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).
We value diversity at Vauban, we know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.
Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.