React Front End Developer - Contract
Glisser is the new frontier in hybrid and virtual events.
Glisser is the trusted platform for both the virtual event world of today and the hybrid event world of tomorrow. We’re busy growing Glisser to be the leading platform that gives you best-in-class tools to create outstanding virtual and hybrid events that your audience will love. With Glisser you can bring people together, and create interactive and engaging experiences for 50 or 50,000 attendees. We combine virtual and in-person attendance, and our unique audience engagement tools are both simple to use and secure to deploy. Our brand customization capabilities, data analytics and monetization solutions help you turn your event into a success. We are headquartered in London, with a strong presence in the US.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer with solid React expertise to help Glisser further enhance the user experience of our platform. We are focussed on developing a partner-friendly framework that is easy to integrate with, and allows our customers to better optimise their experiences. We currently use a set of Angular front end applications connecting a microservice architecture written in NodeJS. We are moving towards rewriting our front end functionality into React, and need you to help us achieve our goal faster.
- Developing the Glisser front end using React.js
- Designing and developing reusable front end frameworks, node modules and tools
- Designing a modern highly responsive web-based UI
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Collaborate with Backend & Full Stack team members to ensure maximising performance and flow
- Assist with design, coding, testing, implementation and documentation of the solution
- Assist in analysing and resolving complex technical problems associated with our front end
- Strong proficiency in React and its core principles
- Strong proficiency in Redux or other state management frameworks
- Good experience in responsive and component based front end designs
- Can demonstrate good UX/UI methodologies with tools similar to Figma, Adobe XD, as well component library documentation (storybook)
- Familiar with version control: Gitlab or similar
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Not essential but preferred: knowledge of some backend technologies such as NodeJS, Redis, RabbitMQ
Who You Are
This position will require a self-starter, somebody who is proactive and organised in the way they work. You’ll have your own responsibilities whilst contributing to the overarching goals of the wider team, who are in regular contact over Slack.
You will be comfortable with remote working and able to work independently with light-touch (macro) management.
This contract is scheduled for 3 - 6 months with a potential extension, with a pay rate of £400-500 per day.
How We Work
Our UK office is based just a short walk from Borough Market and London Bridge Station. Glisser is following the current UK government guidelines, so we're all working from home. We hope to be back in the office when it's appropriate for us to do so, whilst appreciating that remote working is often a better solution.