Covid-19 hit and live music - the most powerful connection between artists and fans - remains paused. With every day that passes, the demand of the crowd beats louder and the opportunity for artists to rebuild their relationship with their biggest fans grows stronger.
Now is the time for a movement, led by artists, that puts the biggest fans back at the beating heart of live music.
Planet is a crowd-powered community where artists and fans come together as a collective, to make the live music experience better and fairer. Planet empowers the biggest fans to have their say in everything from tour locations to setlists and enables the best artists to satisfy that demand. Together, through limited release ‘Drops’ we get more tickets into real fans' hands.
We've built the MVP, called PreTour, with some of the best in the business, including artists who will lead the movement, with a product to better serve live music fans and generate fairer year-round revenues (we’ll tell you who during the interview 😎).
Planet’s platform is powered by our insights engine, The Beat. Fuelled by the participation of the crowd, The Beat gathers and interprets Big Fan Behaviour before, during and after the live event, tapping into the wants, needs and personal preferences of the crowd inspiring better decision making around what to Drop, when and to who, enabling artists to connect with fans more effectively and more often, in the biggest moments.
If you like the sound of things so far, this role will join us just before launch (the full circle ticketing product is ready to go) so you will be a key part of building out our understanding of big fan behaviours that are at the heart of the community.
➡️ Learn more about us and read our story.
🚀 What will you do?
- Using your experience either as a fan of live music or as a creator of consumer first tech, build new and exciting features for:
- An app that elevates the artist-fan relationship
- The Beat, our big fan insights engine.
- Develop modern applications using Next.js and React Native
- Be a big fan of our backend stack - Node.js, Typescript and Apollo GraphQL
- Build features that go straight from artist to fan, you will be able to say you were there from the first ticket drop
- Influence the cool tech we use to ensure we never miss a beat
✅ You are someone who
- Has strong communication skills, a collaborative approach to building software, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Doesn’t get starstruck by working with the best artists or handling the high demands of their biggest fans.
- Is interested in working as part of the community, to involve and understand the crowd, testing and iterating constantly, using big fan behaviours to improve the experience for everyone.
- Is self-motivated to have a direct impact on the future of the product, grow with the company and be involved early in the movement.
💪 Why work for Planet?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The period between christmas and new year as paid time off on top of the above (on a discretionary basis)
- Company share options.
- Flexible working hours and location, working remotely but with a central London base to get together and collaborate quarterly.
- An output focused team who trust in you to run your own responsibilities
- Opportunity to put your signature on the product and for this role to grow with the business.
- Work with leading artists, events and their teams to reimagine how they engage with fans.
- A quarterly allowance to spend on going to live gigs
- Work with us to shape the company and team culture
💚 Our commitment
As a reward for the time you are committing to us, we want you to see returns from the company's success and as part of the package we will also offer share options that will provide equity in the business to our earliest employees.
❤️ We love Node.js, Apollo + GraphQL and TypeScript
🗃 Postgres database
🖥 Next.js, React and React Native on the front end