Senior Full stack Engineer
Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our office in Berlin!
In your role as a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning. Working together with motivated colleagues, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
As part of the Payment team, you will work closely with Product, UX Design, Marketing and other Engineering agile teams to build the best payment experience for Babbel learners.
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience working with design teams
- Experience in building scalable systems and applications using Ruby
- Experience in using AWS, NoSQL databases
- Testing experience on different levels: unit, integration, contract, and E2E
- Knowledge of analyzing metrics about system health and performance
- Willingness to cooperate with the product and business stakeholders building together a trust working environment
- Good understanding of lean and agile practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Deliver value iteratively by building high-quality applications and features
- Build, maintain, and take ownership of a rich ecosystem of applications and services
- Be part of feature teams and build end-to-end customer features
- Own architectural design and constantly propose improvements of the existing features
- Ensure that the systems you own are healthy, resilient, and perform well
- Collaborate cross-functionally on feature design, architectural decisions, and assessing technical debt
- Shape our coding guidelines and quality standards
- React, troubleshoot and solve operational events (bugs and incidents)
- Focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A stimulating environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabb