Senior/Lead Front End Engineer
Numan provides medicine for men and knowledge for everyone. We’re building a platform that gives men direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products and the knowledge to make informed decisions about their health. But we don’t stop there. For us, it’s a mission as much as it is a business. One to help men and all that know them to live healthier happier lives.
Our ambitions are big, we’re working with top-tier investors to achieve them and we’re growing a team to surpass them.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our motivated and growing team. We are a fast-moving, agile team made up of experienced engineers that take pride in our work. Joining at the start of our journey means you will be making a huge impact on the ways that we develop and execute.
Here are the main pieces of technology and tools that we are currently using:
- Ruby, Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis and Memcached for our web API services.
- Node.js, Vue.js with Vuex and Nuxt.js, ES6, SCSS, Jest (and a bit of Cypress) and Webpack for our website.
- Python, Django and PostgreSQL for our Medical Platform.
- Git, GitHub, CircleCI for our code and continuous integration/deployment.
- Heroku and Cloudflare for our infrastructure.
- Sentry, New Relic and Skylight for monitoring.
- Jira for keeping us on track.
What will you do?
- You will be working in one of our e-commerce or medical teams, designing, implementing, maintaining, scaling and deploying the core of our business.
- Be instrumental in building a health platform that helps men take better care of themselves.
- Be hands-on with coding, best practices, appropriate tools and technologies. We are currently using Node.js and Vue.js on our website, however, we are flexible with considering alternatives wherever these are better for the business.
- Architect and develop both our customer-facing and internal tooling websites.
- Design domain models, databases and business flows to implement new product features or 3rd party integrations and automation.
- Refactor code and automate end-to-end testing suites.
- Mentor, help and guide less experienced colleagues to help them up their game and become better engineers.
- Lead technical projects by working closely with our designers, product managers and marketers.
- Work with other parts of the business in clarifying requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches.
- Work with business leaders to develop our roadmap around our website, as we add more complex features and verticals on numan.com.
- Have strong experience in building modern, scalable web applications.
- Have strong experience with any modern JS framework (Vue.js, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js, etc)
- Have strong experience working with web APIs.
- Have experience using automated testing frameworks (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.).
- Have a deep appreciation of good design and UI/UX principles and care deeply about the end product.
- Know how to make trade-offs, when to incur technical debt and how to repay it.
- Use your initiative and can work independently. You feel comfortable designing software systems and solutions and mentoring others.
- Can break down an ambitious vision into smaller components, prioritise the work and manage the team towards success.
- Ideally, have worked in a commercial environment and have built solutions that power e-commerce at scale.
- Have solid communication skills. You are able to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively with remote team members.
- Take pride in your work and are always looking to improve, not settling for average.
- Want to work for a brand with a purpose.
- Have a bias for action and are results-focused.
- A competitive salary.
- Own a share of the business.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Choose your own equipment - Mac or PC whatever helps you be the most productive.
- Continuous learning - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences
- A flexible and remote-friendly working environment that allows you to work how you work best.