Audio/Video Software Engineer
7 days ago
Hello. Biteable here. We're always looking for great talent around the world and would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, and we'd love to stay in touch and reach out if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Biteable!
A little about Biteable
Biteable is an online video tool that puts the power of making a video in your hands. We enable you to create a video from scratch using our broad library of animations and footage.
Since launching in 2014, the goal has been to make top-quality videos possible for everyone with a tool that’s sublimely simple. We have created a community of over 7 million users, rendered more than 12 million videos, and raised $10 million in venture capital.
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our employees. We love it when everyone feels supported, and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from Denver to Salt Lake City to Sydney and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us. We treat each other like adults, and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families (and pets) are part of our daily lives, and we like that they often turn up on our video calls. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
Biteable is a bit of a rarity in that everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
About the Role:
At Biteable, the Audio/Video Software Engineer is that magical creature who lives at the core of our product. Able to think in large systems, as well as at the pixel level, Audio/Video Engineers spend their time all along the video lifecycle.
In this role, you will collaborate with various product squads to optimize the rendering and delivery of audio and video in the Biteable products. This will entail deep work with FFMPEG, as well as web technologies like Web Audio and Canvas. You will also serve as a subject-matter expert as we scale out our storage and delivery infrastructure.
All about you:
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fully distributed team
• Experience running FFMPEG at scale
• Experience with one or more cloud transcoding solutions
• A passion for building tools that generate video of the highest quality
• Experience with AV web technologies like HTML Canvas, WebGL, and the Web Audio API, or their native equivalents on a major platform
• 5+ years of professional experience writing software for manipulating audio and/or video
• Experience building graphic-intensive games is a plus
• Degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable industry experience
• Bonus points for contributors to FFMPEG or other open-source audio/video tools
All about the role. You will:
• Help our team make our video editing and rendering pipeline truly world class
• Collaboratively design and implement improvements to both front-end and back-end pieces of our pipeline
• Embed in a squad and be accountable to squadmates for delivery of features
• Experiment with new audio and video technologies
• Provide and receive feedback on technical and product designs
• Identify and promote technologies and practices that will make our team better