Senior Frontend Engineer
9 days ago
Who we are
When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never—and we've built Feather to change that.
We’re committed to creating a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without commission-hungry brokers, where our customers' best interests are always at the center.
We’re a small, but ambitious team and we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018 by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees at N26, where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app. Rob was previously working at McKinsey, where he consulted top insurance companies on how to improve their digital strategy.
What we’re looking for 👀
We’re looking for a senior frontend engineer to help us push our website and our web app to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for making technical decisions on how to best build and scale performant web applications.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in technology—and propose new ideas for our website and app.
- Contribute to our open-source efforts. Our design system (dirtyswan.design) is fully open-source!
- Work closely with all of the individuals within a cross-functional team. You'll be speaking to the whole chain, from our customers down to our backend engineers.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong testing knowledge—we're using Jest for Unit tests, Cypress for end-to-end testing, and Loki for visual regression.
- Experience with static typing and code analysis. We're using TypeScript for most of our projects.
- Experience using a component-oriented approach and thinking in a reusable way. Our design system is a great example for that.
- Some experience using state management libraries like Redux (optional).
- An interest regarding user experience and user interface. You'll need to think both for mobile and desktop with the proper use of HTML semantics.
Don’t be afraid to apply even if you’re missing a few bullet points in there! We’ll be delighted to help you learn new skills. ☺️
What we offer
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission driven, and no politics. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we’re doing.
- You’ll be building a product that people need, and are grateful for. Our excellent Trustpilot and Google reviews speak for themselves. We’ve built a product around people, and they love it!
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a €1,200 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Very flexible remote work policy. You'll only be requested to travel to Berlin occasionally.
- A modern tech stack to work with—TypeScript, React, NextJS, Cypress, and GitHub Actions, just to name a few.
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
We'd like to chat about so many things with you! Please, let us know what interests you the most. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and any other relevant documents.
- We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.