Front-end developer (Kickstarter + extra ££)
we’re Bendi - a sustainable fashion information technology company looking for a software development intern.
Bendi helps fashion companies to manage and communicate their sustainability impacts. We do this using cutting edge data science and AI techniques alongside best-in-class design.
We're also award-winning - https://www.huckletree.com/world/news/these-startups-will-save-the-world
To develop and iterate on testable prototypes of Bendi’s web application. You will be a product innovator and work with the co-founders in a small team of data scientists, software engineers and product designers to develop these prototypes.
- Responsible for supporting development of our web application extension, code development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product and database to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Integration of user-facing elements
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- You may have built apps of your own already.
- You have a great interest in coding and solving problems. Whether you prefer php, python, node or .net, whether it’s all about responsive front end tinkering.
- From UX prototypes to backend structure and data manipulation – you will have the opportunity to do much of this during this role.
- You are well versed in good coding practices and workflows, understand clean coding style and make a habit of documenting your code. Version control systems and automated task runners will be your day-to-day tools.
- You are able to communicate complex technical topics to colleagues simply who might not have your technical skill level.
- Your desire to learn is more important than your experience, but ideally you will have demonstrable experience working in a similar environment on various web or web app projects. You may have built apps of your own already.
- You are not afraid to ask the ‘stupid’ questions and discuss technical challenges.
Language and frameworks experience
- Typescript /JS xcode
- GraphQL or REST API or equivalent
- Experience of AWS Cloud Services
This placement is part of the government’s Kickstarter scheme.
Who can apply to Kickstart roles?
- You must be aged 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit to apply for this role.
- If this applies to you, and you want to find out more please speak to your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus.
- Please note we cannot accept applications directly, please direct any enquiries to your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus
- In your referral to Jobcentre Plus, please quote reference: Bendi, KSF71AFEBC
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of who we are as an organisation. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – all genders, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. However, we particularly encourage applications from anyone who identifies as a woman, those with disabilities and Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
Then you can apply to us - https://airtable.com/shrVWlKPC0mzdXPVi