We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Frontend Engineer based in London to join our Product team in building a platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will work as a frontend engineer in the Product team which is composed of software engineers and scientists. You should have a proven experience programming for front-end development. You should be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others. You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for the product and your contributions to it.
You will be expected to work to and feed into development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. On the frontend, we use React (with hooks), Typescript and the assortment of modern development methodologies. The rest of the application stack includes Python, Cython, Numpy, Torch, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP and other technologies.
- This role is open for candidates of all seniorities, junior to senior.
- Experience with React or similar frameworks (VueJS, AngularJS)
- Experience with Django and Django template engine or a similar framework
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems
- Interest in UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- Interest in scientific data visualization is a plus
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.