Software Engineering - UI / Front End
We are running complex calculations over hundreds of millions of data points on large computing clusters within tight SLAs and creating engaging user experiences over the results, empowering key business decision makers. You will help to solve these types of business problems on our existing platforms but also contribute towards a multi-year application modernisation project to increase scalability and resilience.
* Modern development practices are very important to our team, we empower our developers to leverage CI/CD frameworks to automate large aspects of the software development lifecycle as well as partnering directly with business stakeholders to build the best solutions.
In addition to the technologies mentioned above, our teams also have exposure to other technologies, so any prior knowledge of these would be beneficial, however on the job training would be provided.
* Backend micro-services (Spring Boot)
* Modern frontend technologies (Angular/React)
* Messaging services (utilising Kafka)
* Internal and external cloud platforms
Our Software Engineering group works closely with the risk and finance functions within JPMorgan Chase, processing large volumes of data from all over the organization, which we aggregate and calculate on top of this data producing critical risk and finance reports, some of which are sent externally to regulators all around the world under tight SLAs.
* Able to work closely with our product team to understand their needs and help them to produce acceptance criteria for front end development.
* Building rich and robust subscription-based UI functionality which will be easy for our clients to use and understand.
* Confidence in UI and UX design principles with cross browser compatibility in mind.
* Be able to communicate with colleagues and clients to build common understandings and deliver to expectations.
* The ability to take ownership of the UI and set standards which we the team will adhere to.
* Quality mindset with a view to delivering the best possible experience for our clients and your fellow developers.
Key Technology Experience:
* Automated Build and Unit Testing
* CI/CD technology and principles
* Experience of end to end automated testing (Cypress/Selenium)
* Experience within Financial Services.
* Experience with AWS/any other cloud platform.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.