Senior Full-Stack Developer
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer for one of our flagship e-commerce projects.
We specialise in building bespoke software for global businesses, and have a team of highly-skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. Our primary focus is to deliver exceptional value to our customers and as such are proponents of Agile methodologies.
This role is a full-time contract position and you may work 100% remotely from home.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST: Solid React Native Skills
- MUST: Strong knowledge of Node.js
- MUST: Strong knowledge of Redux (Redux Sagas)
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience with Git/GitHub
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Morning stand-up with the team via video
- Have a direct input in application architecture decisions
- Comfortable in taking key technical decisions
- Working with key stakeholders (will have regular contact with Amazon/Google as well as product and marketing people)
- Write efficient and testable code
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
What we look for
An ideal candidate has:
- Based in a location with a Time Zone between GMT -2 to GMT +2
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills
- A proactive and autonomous approach towards work
- Experience working across a variety of different languages
- Ability to work on large codebases which require patience to understand
- High quality coding standards
- Strong team ethic; keen to help other team members succeed
Delivering exceptional value to our customers is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
As an Ascent developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
- Work remotely
- Great compensation
- Flexible holiday
- Exceptional internal support network
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative