Software Engineering Manager, AWS, nodejs, react, remote-friendly (UK)
Salary ranges from £55,000 to £70,000 depending on experience.
As an Engineering Manager with Click Travel you’ll be helping shape and lead the teams that deliver the company vision. You’ll work closely with the people who run the department and develop the people and the teams to work effectively towards outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Work with one or more teams to
- deliver outcomes effectively and pragmatically
- ensure good team health
- Promote learning and development with the people who report to you
- Be a contributor within the team while staying off the critical path
- Line manage people in different teams
- Focus on delivery of outcomes over output
- Be self-directed and make measurable improvements in team delivery
- Collaborate with product managers to make decisions on what and how to deliver
- Contribute to the department’s people processes
How you'll be doing it
- Help and support teams break down work for iterative development with a fast feedback cycle
- Coach peers and reports
- Follow our engineering management principles
- One to ones with your team, reports and stakeholders
- Working directly with technical leads on projects
- Conducting the appraisals process and supporting individuals with tracking their development
- Create accountability for delivery
- Setting clear expectations for your team and reports
Skills and experience
- Strong software engineering background, previously to a senior engineering level
- Experience with AWS or demonstrate conversion to AWS from another cloud provider
- Demonstrated pragmatic delivery of projects
- Working with web services and distributed architectures
- Have line management experience and leading teams
- Experience making long lasting decisions
What we can offer you
An empowered working environment
- Flexible, remote first working
We have worked as a distributed company day to day for years. People across the business use Zoom, Slack, Miro and others in a constantly expanding toolkit. Meetings and collaboration are online by default - we even have teams experimenting with remote pairing tools.
- Strong ownership and open structure
We have a stable yet evolving tech stack directed by the people who are working on it. Everyone is free to drive change and introduce new ideas or tools to help increase our effectiveness as a department. We proactively work to ensure teams are not siloed and are working on the most impactful projects.
- Work flexibly
We work towards outcomes, so you can work in a way that balances with your life.
We are a small engineering team so each colleague has the scope to be deeply involved in critical projects and deliver large outcomes for the company.
Benefits and personal development
- Parental leave
- Full sick pay
- Personal development during working hours
- Reading club
- Learning and development through coaching and reflection
- Training available
- Life assurance, holiday buy back scheme, discounted travel, pension, 1% charity time
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success.
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits - We know that happy people create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
- We have a stable yet evolving tech stack directed by the people who are working on it. We do this predominantly with Lambdas using NodeJS in AWS. Our people are empowered to introduce new tools to solve business problems
- Our people operate across the platform and tech stack
- Working with product managers to work on significant business challenges
- Leading on the most important parts of the business strategy
- We have a shallow hierarchy so you get to work directly with our whole platform and people rather than just a project area
- Empowered to solve problems your way with autonomy
- Structured competency based progression
- We also have an office in central Birmingham if you’d like to work there
That’s just a sneak peak, you can find out about the full list of benefits we offer on our website.
What we require from you
- Located in UK
- Eligible to work in UK
Protecting and using your personal data responsibly is very important to us. To find out what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect about you please read our Privacy Statement